Astroscreen uses machine learning and disinformation analysts to detect social media manipulation and disinformation. We are looking for a disinformation analyst to join our growing team.
As a disinformation analyst you will be responsible for using proprietary and open source tools to detect disinformation campaigns on social networks. You will collaborate with our machine learning engineers and data scientists to continuously improve our proprietary technology.
- Work with data scientists and use proprietary and open source tools to uncover manipulation campaigns as they emerge on different social networks.
- Design methodology for conducting thorough end-to-end audits of social media campaigns for signs of manipulation or inauthentic activity.
- Conduct research and work with other analysts to investigate previous and novel manipulation tactics.
- Collaborate with our product team to productionise your insights and automate your workflow.
- Keep up to date with geopolitical and cultural events that may be targets for manipulation.
- Produce public-facing and client-facing reports documenting manipulation campaigns and tactics; providing contextual information, presenting robust evidence and summarising findings.
- Engage with the disinformation research and reporting community to exchange knowledge and build relationships.
- Qualitative or quantitative research experience is highly desirable.
- A thorough, analytical approach to research, including experience interpreting data from a range of sources.
- Experience with open source investigation techniques.
- Experience with empirical research and answering questions through data analysis.
- Experience communicating quantitative analysis, producing client-facing reports.
- Knowledge of digital research approaches including social listening and network analysis.
- You are able to quickly identify core insights, have an analytical mindset and are not intimidated by big amounts of data.
- Prior experience with social listening platforms (e.g. Sysomos, Brandwatch) is preferred.
- You are interested in the topic of disinformation and its societal and commercial impacts and want to contribute to solving this problem.
- You are familiar with and a frequent user of social media platforms, are knowledgeable about online communities and familiar with 4chan, Reddit and the deep and dark web.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply today and let us know why you want to join us at Astroscreen in your cover letter!
Acquisition is not appreciated.