STRYDE is reinventing seismic. With our fearless attitude and agile delivery, we are approaching big challenges in a way that fosters a culture of innovation. We are looking at the future, and STRYDE will change the way that seismic is done.
Working for STRYDE you can expect:
- An opportunity to disrupt - creative solutions that get the best out of everything
- Pace & Momentum - we are a lightweight organization - each facet of what we do moves quickly; you will need to!
- To do better - the technology we are building has less impact on the environment and is safer for the crews deploying in the field
As a High-Performance Engineer – you will be working mainly in C/C++ to build robust code for our central system software. Huge volumes of data flows through the system 24/7, so robust & resilient code is essential to ensure we don’t lose any data integrity.
Being a part of the first team hired into STRYDE, you will have a great opportunity to influence and shape the software as we move forward and revolutionise the way seismic acquisition is done.
What you will do:
- Development of new code to not only optimise the current product, but to also allow the system to process higher volumes of data
- Input into the product roadmap by using technical expertise to drive continuous improvement
- Support existing code, troubleshooting and fixing bugs in that are causing potential bottlenecks or latency in the system
- Working in an Agile Scrum environment, and being an active participant in all Scrum ceremonies
What we’re looking for:
- Extensive experience of C/C++ high-performance programming – ideally working on low-level programming, close to the hardware
- Experience developing robust code that can run 24/7 and deal with high volumes of data – with little or no downtime
- Seismic domain knowledge preferred
Being part of a start-up brings with it a lot of opportunities and challenges, so we are looking for people who are not set in working in one way or with one idea – we need people who are keen to push the boundaries to allow us to meet the aggressive targets we have set ourselves. The software you will build will support our growth and is fundamental to our proposition.