STRYDE is reinventing seismic. With our fearless attitude and agile delivery, we are approaching big challenges in a way that fosters a culture of innovation. We are looking at the future, and STRYDE will change the way that seismic is done.
Working for STRYDE you can expect:
- An opportunity to disrupt - creative solutions that get the best out of everything
- Pace & Momentum - we are a lightweight organization - each facet of what we do moves quickly; you will need to!
- To do better - the technology we are building has less impact on the environment and is safer for the crews deploying in the field
We are looking for someone with a strong background in Mechanical Engineering, who can own and lead the mechanical design of our current and future product lines. This role will be fundamental to the design process and will be expected to lead from the front, using their experience of seismic equipment to propose the best solution.
What you will do:
- Take responsibility for the mechanical design of current and future product lines
- Working closely with the electronics, sensor and manufacturing teams to ensure continuity throughout the entire manufacturing process and that each element is designed to compliment each other
- Lead development of first prototypes to allow rapid performance testing
- Ensuring all designs are done to a high standard, considering size, robustness, durability, cost and ease to manufacture
- Select appropriate materials for current and future product lines
- Support the leadership team with driving good practices ensuring the team is working towards a shared vision and goal
Who we’re looking for:
- Experience leading the design of novel hardware-based devices from concept through to mass manufacture
- Strong experience of designing mechanical solutions for seismic equipment
- Excellent experience with 3D CAD modelling
- Excellent experience with working with plastics & metals– specifically around ensuring its durability in sometimes harsh & varied environments
- Experience of field operations – able to understand the practicalities of how equipment is handled in the field
This is a great role for someone who is passionate about mechanical engineering and is not afraid to try new ideas that will ensure that our product is the best in the marketplace. Joining STRYDE will give you a lot of opportunity to really push yourself, as there will be many unknowns and challenges along the way!