Imagine Mortgages: Tech Lead (Full-time, London)
At Imagine, we’re building smarter solutions for the mortgage market with the goal to transform access to home finance for millions of disenfranchised people in the U.K. and beyond. We have a huge product vision and need amazing people to help us to bring it to life.
We have just raised a £6m equity round, the largest seed-stage raise for a FinTech business in Europe. We’re currently a team of 10 and expect there to be more than 20 of us by the end of the year.
So far we’ve been working closely with a development agency to build our customer MVP whilst developing our underwriting and servicing systems in-house. We’re now scaling our in-house engineering team and are looking for a team leader to oversee the development of our web and mobile apps.
This is an incredibly important role, working as the right-hand-person to our CTO and managing the customer-facing engineering team to create a powerful, intuitive and slick product for our borrowers.
What we can offer:
- A highly competitive salary (£75-95k) and equity package
- The opportunity to work from home once per week.
- 33 days of holiday per year, including UK public holidays.
- The chance to shape the technical function of a company that has a big vision and a bright future.
- A role in shaping the ethos, culture and working habits of the organisation.
- An exciting journey alongside a friendly and ambitious founding team.
You will be responsible for:
- Recruiting and managing a team of developers. We aim to scale to a team of 10 developers by the end of this year, split between our customer-facing and underwriting/servicing teams.
- Architecting a growing, changing system.
- Taking ownership of the security, integrity and reliability of a system that processes and holds sensitive financial information.
- Building products in a lean and iterative manner to accommodate evolving requirements.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience building products and owning technical systems in a start-up environment.
- Experience across a broad set of web technologies, including Ruby/Rails, React Native and AWS.
- Experience managing the performance and development of high-performing engineers.
- The ability to communicate clearly, effectively and with empathy, translating between technical, financial and product-related issues with ease.
- We’ll have a brief introductory phone call to learn more about you and answer any initial questions that you may have.
- After that, we may ask you to come in for a 2-hour interview at our offices near Highbury & Islington. You’ll meet with a number of the team and our CEO and CTO will lead the interview.