Smart, kind generalists sought for the 'rotation' programme of our friendly VC-backed, high-growth startup
About Koru Kids
Koru Kids is building the world’s best childcare service, starting in London. We’re making it easier and more affordable for families to access high quality childcare. We’re growing like crazy, are backed by fantastic investors, including top venture capitalists and business angels, and have won a bunch of awards.
About the role
We are growing really fast, and we need someone to come and join our 'generalist' team. This role would suit someone smart, ambitious and comfortable with change, who would love to get experience in a range of different teams and projects.
You’ll have lots of freedom to reflect, analyse, experiment, innovate and improve the way we do things. You’ll be encouraged to think about human psychology, ‘nudges’, messaging and marketing, tracking and analysing data, algorithms and automation, and we’ll welcome your ideas on what we can do better.
While getting exposure to all other parts of the business including marketing, finance, software, and operations, it’s expected that you will wear multiple ‘hats’ at Koru Kids, where you'll experience the joys and unique challenges of working in a start-up and be able to choose your own adventure.
As a core member of our team you’ll get all the training, coaching and support you need to do your job well, and we’ll invest in your development and help you succeed.
We are kind to each other regarding working hours but the reality is, we’re growing fast and it’s busy. We know you have a private life and other commitments and we work as a team to make sure everyone has a good balance. You’ll normally work from our offices near Old St, although if you like to occasionally work from home that’s totally fine too.
3 reasons this role is great
- You will learn a TON. You’ll learn how to found a business, about operations, marketing, technology, and finance. You’ll also be surrounded by other startups trying to grow. If you want to, you can get stuck into the London startup scene, with its evening meetups and events, which is incredibly dynamic and fun.
- You’ll be making a huge difference to the everyday lives of parents in London. We’re building a business that will profoundly benefit children, women, and families.
- We’re well-connected in the startup world, so working with us will open lots of doors for you even if you leave. We’ve got a strong track record of helping people we’ve worked with.
About the team
We have an informal, hard-working and kind team culture. We’re all passionate about our mission and are determined to create a truly fantastic childcare service to help working parents. Our culture is friendly and fast paced – we are constantly challenging, testing and adapting the way we do things. We’re also really committed to working with integrity, doing the right thing and building a company we are truly proud of. We’re growing super fast but we also want to make sure that we are building a company on really solid foundations.
We take great care with who we hire and all team members are superbly talented and really nice. If you’re brilliant AND humble, you’ll fit right in.
We’re after an all-rounder who is clever, practical, positive and nice. We don’t mind what degree you’ve done as long as you’ve done well in it, or can demonstrate success and ambition if you didn't study at uni. We’ll also be looking for evidence of drive, aspiration, spark and energy in the extracurricular stuff you’ve done.
- You’re able to write clearly, simply and accurately, with perfect spelling and grammar
- You’re comfortable speaking to new people, both in person and on the phone
- You love working with numbers and data. Excel is your friend. We love people who love analysis.
- You can work at a fast pace and under pressure
- You’re emotionally intelligent. Although you’ll like to talk, the most important thing you’ll do is listen. Choosing childcare is an emotional decision, and you’ll need to help parents through the process
- You’re detail-oriented. We deal with payroll and payments, and the details must be 100% correct
- You’re a problem-solver. As we are a young company, there aren’t many fixed processes yet. That means you can create new processes, make suggestions, and tell us we’re doing things wrong
- You roll with it. You understand that startups are unpredictable environments. You are comfortable with a degree of chaos
- You’re nice. You get that no player is bigger than the team. You fit right into our culture of supporting and helping each other.
If you are interested, please send us your CV and a brief paragraph or two on why you're interested in the role. Alternatively send us something else - something that demonstrates your creativity, your wit, your technical proficiency or your passion for our cause. Impress us and stand out!