Add to Event is an award winning startup that has helped to find suppliers for over 100,000 events, ranging from birthday parties to large corporate events for the likes of The BBC, Amazon and Barclays. Our innovative marketplace makes it incredibly easy to find whatever you need for your event, from giant tipis to woodfired pizza caterers. But don’t just take our word for it, check out our Trustpilot Reviews.
Our platform is home to over 15,000 businesses providing over 200 different event services across the UK and we’re now the No 1 marketplace in this space. We’ve achieved this growth with a tight-knit team of passionate and highly talented individuals and are now looking to scale the organisation to continue to improve our service and delight more customers.
To deliver on this growth we need to attract and retain the very best people. And that’s where you come in. We’re looking for an experienced people operations professional to take ownership of our people function and work directly with the founders to ensure Add to Event remains an incredible place to work as we rapidly scale the team.
The role would suit someone looking for a compelling new opportunity to take full ownership of people operations in an exciting fast growth startup.
As the first in-house people operations hire, you will report directly into and work very closely with the founders. We’ll expect you to have the drive to build a scalable people function and have a clear idea of the kind of tools, practices and potential policies you’d like to introduce.
As part of this role you'll:
- Take ownership of culture, HR and our internal recruitment processes.
- Manage and grow the team handbook and management guidelines.
- Introduce and take ownership of the software and tools we use for hiring, HR and team engagement.
- Schedule and run team socials, events, workshops and company offsites.
- Work with the team to further define company values and the best methods to communicate these.
- Take ownership and spot opportunities to streamline our internal hiring process
- Work alongside management team members to assist with job speccing, interview scheduling and outreach.
- Take ownership of our careers site and consider ways we can further develop this as an incredible resource for prospective candidates.
THE RIGHT PERSON
You should apply for the role if you:
- Are excited by what we’re doing here at Add to Event!
- Have experience managing all or most of the HR/people function at a similar company
- Have experience working in a technology startup environment (preferable).
- Are well organised, never miss the details and enjoy project work
- Pride yourself on excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Are approachable, positive, empathetic and thrive as part of a team
- Fun, friendly office environment with regular team socials (and events of course)
- Free lunches every Tuesday (team buffet) and Friday (street food)
- Free access to fully equipped onsite gym with wellness classes
- High spec facilities with luxury showers and fresh towels provided
- Free access to onsite cinema with regular film and sport screenings
- Beautiful sun-trap terrace garden to enjoy lunches and afterwork drinks
- Office is also situated next door to the Mercato Metropolitano - one of the UK’s largest food markets which means dozens of incredible lunch options on our doorstep
- We’ll hook you up with a MacBook, screen and all required software on your first day
- Freedom to fully define the role and put in place your own working practices