Closing date for the application: 4th September 2019
Salary: £90,000 - £100,00
Job type: full time
ABOUT THE TEAM
The legal department sits at the heart of Revolut and is a core part of the business. Members of the team provide front-line guidance and support to all areas of the company, contributing to decisions that impact on Revolut’s growth every day.
The breadth of work you will encounter (and level of commercial involvement) is pretty unique for an in-house role, from structuring credit programmes to launching into new territories. We hire both generalists (typically corporate/commercial solicitors) as well as specialists (such as compliance), alongside operations analysts, all of whom have a large degree of responsibility for Revolut’s ongoing development and growth.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an exciting opportunity to take ownership of the payments product from a legal and regulatory perspective. Our innovative approaches to payments, coupled with an increasingly complex and demanding legal and regulatory environment, provide robust career opportunities for lawyers motivated and driven by a fast paced, cutting edge culture. If you’re a high calibre, experienced and energetic solicitor, with experience in financial services regulation and payment technologies, join our legal team at our headquarters in London.
We are seeking a counsel to join Revolut’s Legal Department to be Revolut’s primary payments legal advisor for our existing e-money product. This role will report directly to General Counsel.
Counsel will provide general-level support to the Legal Department on a variety of contract matters.
What you'll be doing:
- Helping to advise on applicable payments and e-money related regulatory issues and launch any new payments-related products in the UK
- For all regulated activities, ensure that appropriate regulatory policies, procedures and controls are established, maintained and well documented
- Provide guidance and support to business partners and senior management
- Manage and coordinate any regulatory examinations, including written responses
- Analyze changes to regulatory requirements and proactively handle regulatory developments
- Review new and updated marketing materials in relation to financial promotions assessments
- Navigate complex regulatory frameworks to design innovative financial products and services
- Identify and draft necessary changes to the firm’s systems and procedures to meet the requirements of new rules/regulations
- Draft agreements, policies and procedures, disclosures, account documentation and website materials
- Research securities and brokerage questions and provide legal analysis and recommendations
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Strong experience in advising clients on payments matters (past experience advising payments-related clients is a must)
- Strong client-service and customer orientation and strengths in forming good working relationships
- High degree of independence, initiative and decisiveness
- An enthusiasm and drive for delivering results
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to demonstrate sound legal and business judgment, even in ambiguous situations
- Ability to work independently and also contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Excellent organizational skills, and an ability to manage multiple projects at once, to meet deadlines
- Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humour
- Thrives working in a fast-paced, high pressure, entrepreneurial environment
- Work hard but have a lot of fun doing it!
- Excellent academic and law firm credentials
- Hold a current practicing certificate
- 4 - 8 years PQE as a private practice lawyer dealing with financial services at a top law firm (and preferably) some in-house experience as well
- Deep knowledge of relevant legal and regulatory requirements (you know your way around PSD2, open banking and e-money regulations)
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We believe that there are better ways for people to control their money. Easier, fairer ways.
Revolut started in 2015 with card transactions abroad without rubbish exchange rates or hidden fees. We’ve since added business accounts, vaults, insurance and even access to cryptocurrency exposure.
We reached 5 million customers in June 2019 and we’re adding another million every quarter.
And we’re only just getting started.
Come and help Revolut build the world’s first truly global bank.
- Competitive salary
- Biannual equity bonuses
- All the latest tech you need
- Skip the commute and work from home once a week
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
- Pension plan
- Private health insurance
- Don’t panic about cooking: get free dinners with Deliveroo
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
- Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year