Please note we do not sponsor work permit.
You must be entitled to work in the UK.
No agencies please.
Job Title: Business Development Role in Oasis Living.
Hours: Full Time
Joining: Start Immediately/We can wait up to 1 months
Location: Edpsace London, Shoreditch
Ideally looking for a someone with a business degree and 1-2 years experience in real estate or consultancy sectors
Oasis Living is a tech and data-driven property & lifestyle hospitality for the millennials. We use technology at every step to vet and find high-quality tenants, and manage our housekeeping & property maintenance services, ensuring low churn, achieve near zero void periods and preserve property value.
A successful business running for 4 years, we manage over 60 properties in London & Surrey and looking to expand in UK and internationally after having proven the model over a few business cycles
About the founder
Sam Ghosh is a London-based tech-entrepreneur and founder of Oasis Living
Sam co-founded Earthmiles as a cto. Earthmiles focuses on health-rewards and incentives (https://earthmiles.co.uk/)
Currently also a Partner at Gattaca, an algorithmic trading firm, specializing in cryptocurrencies.
Prior to that, Sam worked in banking/hedge funds for over 10 years between London and Hong Kong, and then joined a city-based fund with colleagues from Societe Generale ( http://www.voltairecap.com/).
Linkedin – https://www.linkedin.com/in/sam7/
We are looking for a versatile business development officer, a jack-of-many-trades who will work very closely each day with the Founder and expand the business in UK
Key requirements are:
- High level of excel proficiency – Your job will involve dealing extensively with excel spreadsheets and Airtable, and you should be familiar. You know concpets of corporate finance – discounted. As a guidance you should be able to produce excel sheets similar to this example, over multiple tabs/worksheets and with inputs, outputs clearly defined and formatted from the start https://www.evernote.com/l/ABFqGujJyLdKl7G0Bdsfq0CAcGGp5nmpqQ8
- High level of Powerpoint skills – You will be required to make a lot of presentations and variations of the same pitch for various investors and clients, in a very clear, professional format. You will use the company pitchbook templates and extend it for your purpose
- Familiarity with Corporate and Real Estate Law – Familiarity with corporate law (share, shareholders, dividends) and Real Estate Law (freeholder, leaseholder, AST, ground rent, mortgage agreements) and understanding basic mechanics of property contracts in UK will help as you will be dealing with these, and speaking about these with professional clients daily. You should be able to read termsheets and other legal contracts and understand 70-80% of it, and understand all of the commercial terms and know how to ask the right questions to lawyers to get fuller understanding
- Excellent written and spoken English – You will be interfacing with several large corporate clients and their lawyers, business analysts and accountants – via both emails and regular face to face meetings to secure new business. You will be sending them excel and PowerPoint documents you make, following up with phone calls and face-to-face calls to explain your analysis, refine your analysis and come to successful negotiations. You will work with the Founder on these, and you are expected to be presentable for such meetings, and know how to communicate with such clients and stakeholders
- Familiarity with Property Markets – having some exposure to property markets – knowing how mortgage brokers, estate agents and leaseholders and freeholders work with some previous experience will be a plus
You have “stay hungry, stay foolish” mindset, and can learn new business fast
You love knowing and learning new technologies and using them towards practical applications and solving real-life problems
The job requires a good attitude towards problem-solving, and working under tight-schedule.
You should aim to work 5 days a week, between our offices in Shoreditch
£28,000 to £40,000 depending on skillsets and experience along with stock options