What's the opportunity?
We're looking for an experienced and very hands on Head of SME Credit Risk to create our entire risk function. You will be joining a very product focused team and will own credit risk throughout the company - from new lending criteria all the way to implementations and creating automated decision engines. If you’re passionate about risk and the process of building an exciting credit model from the ground up and working with great people, you’ll fit right in.
Who are we?
CreditDigital allows SME vendors to provide an instant finance option to their SME customers at online checkout or point-of-sale. Business customers can then design their own terms to fit their budget and cashflow. We are trying to solve a massive problem in the B2B World and we are very excited to be amongst the first ones tackling it.
What will you be doing?
As the first risk member in the company, you will have the opportunity to set up the standards in how we work. As a product focused team, we trust each individual to be autonomous and work towards are shared goals. We are fully committed in supporting one another in any way possible.
You will be in charge of:
- All SME underwriting- including decisioning, along with any decision science work needed to build and deploy decisioning models and logic.
- Provisioning, write offs and management of our P&L credit loss line
- Act as a champion that drive ideas from start to completion: from research insights, to workflows all the way to release.
- Prototype ideas to quickly access viability, and design the fine grained details of interactions.
- Iterate based on feedback from the whole team and customers.
- Work closely with engineers as they build and ship ideas.
What skills and experience do I need?
We are looking for someone that has done this before. You will be our #1 which is very exciting and you will get to set the tone of our portfolio.
- An extensive credit risk background within a SME environment (with over 10 years of work experience in risks).
- You have a deep understanding of managing credit risk. You should understand all aspects of the credit lifecycle from decision science, underwriting and score cards through to portfolio management, including collections and provisioning.
- You should understand and have developed decision systems, have a great knowledge of credit reference agency products and data (including reporting back) and should have experience of setting and reporting against credit control frameworks including building and operating IFRS9 compliant provisioning models.
- Knowledge of legislation and regulation relating to retail and SME activities.
- You will develop and maintain the company’s credit risk strategy and related policy.
- Deliver an effective credit review methodology, plan and capability covering all aspects of credit risk.
- Monitor and manage exposures at clients, products and portfolio level.
- Experience with performing fundamental credit risk analysis of SME lending.
- Technical background, ideally with a degree in a quantitative discipline.
- Strong understanding of data, and computational skills such as SQL, Python, VBA
- Excellent communicator that can articulate the thought behind proposals.
- Able to collaborate with the engineers and the wider company on strategy and delivery.
Where will I be working from?
Normally you will be working from our WeWork Offices in Wilson Street, Old Street offices (3 min walk from the station) but we are a remote friendly bunch so you can adjust your schedule as you see fit.
What would I be paid?
Our pay is within the top 10% of the industry, for the matched role and experience, based on London rates.
Salary is not everything. Our benefits are all aimed at supporting a life well lived away from work. We don't offer free beers on tap (but we do anyway) but rather:
- 25 days off per annum plus bank holidays.
- 35 hours / week. Normal working hours are between 10am – 6pm.
- Flexibility to adjust your daily hours.
How to apply?
Send us through a cover letter (with your CV) where you explain more about your experience. We would like you to express:
- What have you worked on that you are the most proud of?
- What do you enjoy working on the most?
- How do you approach the risk?
- What would you like to work on here?
In the interview process we will go through a particular piece of work (your choice) that you have delivered, detailing the approach around it, challenges and learnings.
We're looking for a feature/research that clearly outlines the problems you were tackling with your work. It should touch on the process you applied to tackling the challenges.