We're looking for an outstanding communications professional to take the lead on marketing and communications in the UK.
UpSlide is a rapidly growing tech scale-up whose goal is to help people work better. Our software dramatically improves the functionality of Office and is used by firms like KPMG, Deloitte, and BNP Paribas to create outstanding reports and presentations. There are about 15-20 of us in London and 80 internationally in Paris (HQ), New York, Berlin, and Singapore.
As our first UK marketing and communications hire, you'll report directly to the UK CEO and play an important role in helping us grow in the UK and internationally.
You’ll need to be a communications pro. We’d love it if you’re also a marketing whizz.
At UpSlide, we have an incredible story to tell and unique insights to share with finance professionals. We need someone to help us craft this story and deliver comprehensive, relevant, and actionable materials.
You'll help shape the UK plan and work to build awareness, generate leads, and create assets that help close deals and drive customer success.
You'll work closely with colleagues from other departments in the UK, as well as our Marketing, Communications and Studio teams in Paris.
Example activities might include:
- Writing a white paper
- Advising the sales team on a big-ticket proposal
- Editing a user guide
- Working with a PR agency
- Exhibiting at a tradeshow
- Overseeing a testimonial video shoot
- Running internal communication training
- Creating pitch materials for a new offering
If you have a flare for growth marketing, you might also be involved in advertising campaigns and other initiatives.
Skills and attributes
You’ll need to have a base level of competence across a broad range of disciplines and be outstanding in a few areas – including as a writer and editor.
You must be:
- Skilled in crafting clear and compelling messages as a writer and an editor
- Self-directed and creative with an entrepreneurial can-do attitude
- A believer in high standards, with strong attention to detail and good taste
- A quick learner and effective researcher
We'd love it if you are:
- A strategic big picture thinker
- Quantitative, analytical and technical
- Skilled in design (at least at a basic level)
- Fluent in a second language
Qualifications and experience
You must have:
- A degree from a top university or business school
- Minimum two (ideally three or more) years relevant B2B marketing and communications experience (including content creation)
- UK work eligibility
We’d love it if you have experience:
- In a tech start/scale-up context
- With financial and professional services
- With Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Managing freelancers and agencies
- Collaborating with Sales, Operations and Customer Success teams
- With PR
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to learn quickly and acquire growing responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- International company with trips to Europe, onboarding in Paris and the chance to collaborate with colleagues across three continents
- Unique work environment in a Happy at Work scale-up (first place in the HappyIndex®/AtWork 2019 ranking)
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
Type: Full time, permanent
Start date: ASAP
To apply please submit your CV, send us links to two pieces of content you created (indicating what you did), and let us know why you'd like to join UpSlide.