UniTaskr is an award winning marketplace platform. We are the mobilisation of the student working economy. We connect members of the public and businesses to a trusted workforce of hardworking, local students seeking flexible work opportunities around their studies. (www.unitaskr.com)
About the Role:
In order to help us achieve our plans, we need a Chief Technical Officer to join the team on a full-time basis. You’ll be responsible for ensuring that our tech strategy, architecture, delivery, product features, and team are world-class.
Key areas of focus:
The team! Recruiting, coaching and developing the team - being someone that they admire and want to learn from.
- Product delivery! We have a roadmap (although are very keen for your very significant input & direction) and we want the team to have brilliant and enabling processes to manage the quality delivery of their sprints.
- Tech Architecture! Help us create an amazing but scalable and secure architecture. We want the tech to be great as it will grow as we grow.
- Data! We are totally data-driven but believe we can definitely improve. Help us collect it, store it, analyze it and use it in the best way for our clients. We would be using the latest technologies in Big data and Machine learning to get more insights on our users and use that to personalize content for our users and also make further strategic decisions.
- Anything else! There are probably things that we don’t yet know that you will do. Help us not to miss those.
What We’re Looking for From You:
- Experience working within tech start-ups that have scaled to huge numbers. You've seen the good, the bad and the ugly and are comfortable in taking difficult decisions.
- You have a wide technical experience, with a development background in multiple programming languages and technologies. You have opinions on various technologies you have worked on. You are also enthusiastic about learning new technologies.
- You have great communication and presentation skills. You can comfortably present technical details to any audience.
- You are methodical and collaborative in your approach and take the whole team with you as you move forward instead of imposing your opinion. You are comfortable taking negative feedback and course correct. We are only as good as our team. It is never about any individual.
- You've learned a lot on your journey and you want to implement those learnings where you can make a true difference with autonomy.
- Although you have a bias to action (as in you get things moving and you make decisions), your experience has helped you to refine what you know will work vs what you need to think about a little bit more about.
- You are humble and also willing to learn. Nobody is a master of everything and you choose to hire/consult/learn accordingly based on the skillset and pragmatism.
- You are ethical in the way you work and do what is right. You bring tremendous integrity with you and build a team who believe in those principles.
- You build great rapport and relationships with the rest of the company and learn other important aspects of the business.
- Most of all, you are motivated to join a start-up team and enjoy solving complex problems. You are comfortable getting your hands dirty when the team needs you to.
- There is craftsmanship in your work and you believe in bringing that polished touch to every job you finish, beyond just a working deliverable.