Join one of Europe’s leading Fintech startups
At iwoca we believe finance should make life easier, not harder, for small businesses. When small businesses go to traditional lenders they are forced to deal with long waits, absurdly rigid criteria, and impersonal bureaucracies. We believe small businesses deserve a financing service that strips out the hassle; that gets to know each customer’s needs; that generates opportunities instead of problems. iwoca is finance, custom-built to expand possibilities for small business.
Your mission will be:
- Application of statistical modelling and machine learning techniques.
- Delivery of data driven solutions and predictions for a diverse range of business problems, including risk assessment and contact prioritisation.
- Development of real-time data pipelining and delivery of ML predictions.
- A/B testing and data analysis using statistical methods to generate insights and optimise existing and future business processes.
- Multi-disciplinary projects with the wider tech team and business stakeholders.
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, you’ll have:
- Strong analytical background, e.g PhD or degree in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or related field; or equivalent knowledge.
- Established experience from working in industry or an academic data analyst/scientist position.
- Experience with statistical data analysis, ability to generate well founded insights from potentially unstructured data.
- Proven practical experience of predictive modelling and pragmatic implementation of machine learning techniques to effectively solve real-world problems.
- Someone that isn't satisfied with just applying out-of-the-box models, you want to know how they work, when they work and why they work.
- Practical object-oriented programming experience: Python, Java, C/C++ or similar.
- Experience with some of the common Python data-science toolkits: Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, Scikit-learn OR experience with R, Matlab, and/or SQL would also be beneficial.
- Self-starter with ability to work autonomously in a relatively unconstrained environment.
- A healthy skepticism and desire to build innovative, but practical, solutions to business problems.
- Love for coding and getting hands-on with the raw data to really understand the underlying processes and nuances of the problem.
In return, you’ll get a say in how things are done, the opportunity to make a difference to small business owners, and to work on big and challenging projects.
What’s life like as an iwocan?
We all enjoy:
- A lovely office in central London, right by Tottenham Court Road
- Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments and yoga
- An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- A paid volunteering day each year, for you to support your chosen charity
Just for you:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- Stock options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme
- 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
- Flexible working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- Tickets to tech conferences across Europe
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code