There is something empowering about solving problems that make the world a better place. It makes the tough times a little less salty, and the great times a little more sweet.
I’m putting together the founding team to go after a massive problem, waste in the fashion industry. By merging technology and luxury fashion, it will be an interesting team dynamic. We have a vision, a plan, traction, a small team and partners. We’re inviting smart, driven people who are passionate about making a change in the world for the better to join us.
I believe that great teams are built with complementary skill sets, backgrounds and expertise, all working towards a common goal. They’re autonomous, with the ability to throw in their two cents when needed. They’re able to solve problems quickly, and test everything.
If you’re into fashion, tech, startups &/or sustainability, and want to take on the challenge of making a dent in the £177 billion luxury fashion market, while making the planet a better place to live, I want to talk to you.
Problem / Opportunity:
Conscious consumers are increasingly unwilling to turn a blind eye to the negative impact fashion brands are having on the world.
Well known brands are making headlines for burning millions, or warehousing billions worth of overstock, a by-product of speculative garment production.
At Cutso, we’re looking to leverage technology and the growing crowd of conscious consumers to determine demand before producing supply, eliminating overstock and reducing waste.
Rather than speculate, we’re gathering a community of like minded individuals to vote for which crowd designed shirts get released as limited edition drops.
- You will be developing web apps within a django framework, this is the way in which our users will interact with Cutso.
- You’ll have autonomy to choose the best approach
- You’re socially conscious, and are excited to use your expert skillset to do something that can genuinely help our planet.
- You’re independent, able to understand concepts, and move very quickly.
- You’re a perfectionist with your coding, but understand that sometimes good is good enough.
- You’re looking for an opportunity to stretch yourself and advance your career.
- Experience with early stage startups
- Bring all star team members with you.
We’re looking to prove our concept with revenue (selling clothes), before raising capital, but we’re looking to do it quickly.
The right person will be initially working for sweat equity, before coming on board full time (after captial raise). We’re looking to run our initial experiment with a basic web app in Sept.
We’ll take that traction to investors beginning in October with the view to raise the first round of funding before the new year.
You’ll be able to work flexible hours, around any current commitments.
This is your chance to join a startup making positive changes to the world.