Head of Operations / Chief Operating Officer for a highly innovative and exciting FinTech. (One of Europe hottest FinTech companies, FinTech50, Everline Disruptor of the Year)
Head of Operations / Chief Operating Officer
Unique opportunity to join the senior management team of one of Europe’s hottest FinTech companies. We are looking for an amazing Head of Operations or Chief Operating Officer depending on experience.
About Commuter Club
We are a passionate, entrepreneurial team that is disrupting the commuting market. With over £70m in loans to date, we’ve helped UK commuters save over £10m and through our unique tech platform that brings together data, retail and credit. We’ve raised £7.2m to date having just concluded a £2.3m round. We are backed by leading UK angels including Peter Jackson (CEO Travelex, WorldPay), Gavin Casey (CEO London Stock Exchange) Anthony Gutman (Head IBD Goldman Sachs), Nader Farahati (Head Financial Services Europe Oliver Wyman) and are growing fast at 2x YoY. Our goal is to become the UK and European hub for all commuting needs.
About the role
This is a great leadership role offering both operational and commercial responsibility in a fast growing and innovative startup. As Head of Operations / COO you will form part of the management team and be an integral part in building Commuter Club’s platform as we continue to scale the business. We are a tech first organisation and seek to bring digital solutions to all aspects of the customer experience. Your role will report into our CEO, have P&L ownership and work closely with CTO and product managers to design new processes, automate existing processes, structure the operations function and manage the operations team and deliver great outcomes for users even as we grow at 2-3x per year.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Working with the CEO daily to prioritise strategic direction of the business, identify issues and implement new initiatives
- Developing the Commuter Club processes both customer facing and internal to ensure all interactions with the customer deliver great service and value
- Work with the product team to deliver new product offerings and work with the developer team to implement changes to our core lending platform
- Owning consumer P&L with responsibility to prevent lost revenues from sale to activation and manage direct and operating costs to deliver a sustainable model
- Managing the customer care and operations team to ensure high performance, happy customers and delivery against our KPIs
- Manage loan book team to ensure good performance of the book
- Defining and building the core business processes to allow for scalability and consistently great customer service
- Assessing and working on new business initiatives in the credit or commuting space
- Hiring new staff and motivating employees to deliver an effective and exciting work environment
What we are looking for
We are looking for a real self-starter who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and loves building businesses. You have experience in scaling operations functions and know what it takes to build an exceptional, customer focused fintech. You will be highly organised, diligent and able to deliver on projects independently. We have a fast paced and exciting work environment where you will be challenged every day.
- Min 4 years’ experience
- Start-up experience (preferably fintech) in a senior operations or product role
- Foundation experience in a leading management consultancy is a plus
- Well versed in eCommerce, fintech or using technology to deliver great solutions for customers (strong interest in technology)
- Strong leadership abilities; ability to influence, motivate and lead a team and scale with the organization
- Strong minded and independent self-starter who will pro-actively take on the challenge of building the operational needs of the business
- Detail oriented individuals who can jump into the weeds while also taking a step back when required to focus on the big picture
- Passionate interest in FinTech and bringing innovation to the consumer lending space
- Experience ideally in startup or dynamic operational environment where you were happy to problem solve and devise solutions on the go
Unique opportunity to be part of the management team in a fast growing and innovative fintech. Things will move fast, and every day will be different, but you will be a key part of building a fast growing and innovative organisation. Opportunity to learn quickly, take on a lot of responsibility and ownership for scaling Commuter Club in the UK and beyond. Salary £50k-£70k depending on experience, 25 days of annual leave, staff benefits and an amazing office in Shoreditch.