Description of Position
Job title 3D Modeller
Location London, Brixton
Industry 3D / Design / Mobile / VR / AR / Gaming
Employment Type Full-time contract, competitive salary
About Gravity Sketch
Gravity Sketch is a London-based startup that is shaking up the 3D design space and transforming the future of digital creation. Just like Adobe revolutionised 2D design in the 80s, our vision is to revolutionise 3D design today. Backed by high profile VCs and investors from Silicon Valley, London and Tokyo, we are developing the first enterprise-grade immersive 3D design software which allows designers to create remotely together, in real-time, across multiple devices and platforms. We aim to transform the future of digital creation through disrupting the current design and engineering workflows, placing the user at the center of the creation process. Our product is used by thousands of designers in industries such as automotive, apparel and film, across North America, Europe, and Asia.
We are in search for an experienced 3D modeler to help optimise assets for Gravity Sketch’s VR application as we expand feature offering and evolve the product in line with the changing GPU capabilities of new generations of mobile hardware.
The successful candidate will straddle the Design and Software Engineering team, working closely with our CEO, CTO, UX/UI Engineer and Software Engineers in order to improve user-interfaces, menus and tools of the VR application as it grows and demands more from the computing power of immersive hardware and as we integrate it with other devices.
- At least 2 years experience implementing and optimising 3D models for mobile gaming titles
- Strong 3D modeling skills and excellent sense of spatial relations and structural logic
- Strong understanding of how to create successful/optimized models for use on different platforms
- Experience optimising assets’ geometry using software such as Unity 3D, 3ds Max, Maya, or Blender
- Efficient organization and excellent communication skills and ability to prioritize and execute ideas within a tight schedule
- Able to identify and flag in a timely manner when more time is required to complete tasks
- Self-motivation and a great team-player attitude
- A great "can do" attitude and open-mindedness to non-traditional solutions is essential
- Previously worked at a startup or game studio
- Experience implementing and optimising 3D assets for VR
- Experience creating and rigging 3D models
- Passion for providing engaging and intuitive user experiences through user-centric design
- Experience working on cross-device products
What we offer
- Chance to work at a fast growing startup at the forefront of the exciting VR/AR industry
- Real work ownership - you drive your own initiatives
- Unparalleled learning, if you’re up for the challenge!
- Great work culture and environment - we work hard but also know how to have fun
- Cool studio based in Brixton and free snacks
- Discounted local gym membership
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, gender, background, and nationality.