ROLE: We are looking for an experienced and talented Head of Design to manage our growing UX Design team. A person who shares our passion for new music, works well in a startup environment and wants to be part of a worldwide community that is already making music history.
We pride ourselves on the magic our community creates every night at shows all around the world. We want to translate that magic to our web and mobile experience, too, so that our physical and digital products work together in a virtuous cycle to become a destination for long-term engagement.
This is an opportunity to grow a team and establish a customer-centric UX&D culture. You will collaborate closely with Sofar’s growing Brand, Product and Engineering teams to define the strategic product vision for three user communities - the fans, the artists and the internal operations teams. These vibrant groups have unique and complex needs. You will be able to iteratively optimize existing flows, while also using rapid prototyping methods to meet new challenges as the company grows.
POSITION TITLE: Head of Design
REPORTING TO: SVP, Product and Engineering
LOCATION: London, UK
Define the role and purpose of UX & Design at Sofar
- Oversee all UX, UI and user research projects for both our customer and internal facing products.
- Influence the strategic vision for our digital user experiences, working collaboratively with our Product, Brand and Growth teams.
- Jointly develop our North Star in partnership with Product & company leadership.
- Evangelise design thinking throughout the product development process, building a strong design culture.
- Establish a user-centric design culture, with a strong emphasis on persona development and user research, using the appropriate methodology for the problem.
- Create flows, prototypes and interaction models for features.
- Over time, build our broader research & insight capability to deepen our understanding of wider consumer trends, brand perceptions and market research.
People & processes
- Define the team structure you need to support our Product vision, across our London and Boston locations.
- Establish collaboratively working alongside product and engineering with the use of rapid UX research techniques and iterative agile development.
- Manage & hire a talented team, focussing on their personal development and growth.
- Empower the team with efficient processes and tools.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- 8+ years of experience designing across mobile and desktop devices (Native and mWeb). Designing for eCommerce a strong plus.
- Experience managing and growing a high performing team (ideally across multiple locations).
- Strong creative and problem-solving skills to translate conceptual ideas (business needs and user goals) into best-in-class designs.
- UK Citizen, or permit to work in the UK.
- A music nut like the rest of us! We share great music with each other, every day.
WORKING HERE: Sofar Sounds offers a comprehensive benefits package as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
We're a company of trust. What does that mean? If you need to take a break and go on a long walk, do it! If your family is in town and you want to spend the afternoon with them, do it! Need a vacation? Definitely do it! We trust our employees to take time when they need it.
At Sofar, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are inclusive. The more we live that, the better our work will be.
COMPANY CULTURE: People who join Sofar Sounds have an excitement and energy about what we’re doing. They want to be a driving force of growth for emerging artists, committed to creating a magical experience for performers and fans alike, and this is reflected in the way they work.
We are growing swiftly, helping more musicians in more cities. As a result, we expect our people to get things done efficiently and to help other team members, whether a specific task is their role or not. Also to learn from, and make changes as a result of, feedback from one another and our community.
The right candidate should be efficient and upbeat, and needs to live the Sofar experience while sharing our vision for discovering great new music and creating the best live event experience in the world.