Conception X Entrepreneurship Programme
Conception X is a venture builder that creates deep tech startups from MScs and PhDs, because we believe students deserve the opportunity to turn their ideas into businesses.
In our model, the university is the incubator. We empower students to explore entrepreneurship as a viable and exciting career choice. They take advantage of resources available to them in leading universities, and networks of mentors and investors interested in deep tech.
We offer specialist-training, team building, mentoring by industry-professionals, engagement with client organisations, and connections to leading technology investors.
Conception X initially launched in University College London Faculty of Engineering, supported by Barclays Eagle Labs.
Job Title: Programme and Events Coordinator
We are looking for a dedicated and organised Programme and Events Coordinator to support the delivery of our programme. You will enjoy working on complicated and time-sensitive tasks to ensure the students get the most from our programme. We are a small, but supportive team working closely together.
You'll get to join a passionate startup with friendly, open and transparent culture and proven traction on its scaling journey.
This is a diverse role that will also offer you an incredible opportunity to be part of a movement creating the UK’s next set of successful deep tech entrepreneurs.
Main Responsibilities (Including but not limited to):
Programme Support & Planning
- help set and organise the programme’s schedule of workshops and mentoring sessions,
- coordinate delivery of workshops and mentoring sessions on the day, i.e. organise in-house activities, such as presentations, materials, equipment, setting up the venue,
- maintain programme plan and track progress,
- assist with outreach to find the next best teams to join our programme, manage the application, selection and onboarding process for each cohort,
- maintain an updated curriculum database and training records,
- observe and actively engage with the training and mentoring sessions,
- manage the process of introducing startups to the program’s mentors and advisors including correspondence, meetings and follow-ups,
- gather and analyse post-session feedback,
Admin and Events Support
- event planning and on-the-day support for events ranging from focus groups, workshops to large networking events in various locations, usually IDEALondon or UCL Bloomsbury,
- provide administrative assistance to Conception X Team and manage a team diary,
- organise and coordinate meetings i.e. prepare agendas, room booking, catering, administer and minute key meetings,
- manage basic communications with students and Conception X stakeholders,
- maintain data on the CRM database,
Agata Zborowska, COO, Conception X
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven work experience as a Programme or Project Coordinator or similar role
- 2 + years’ experience in operations and/or event management
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Strong teamwork skills
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Ability to work independently
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- 1-2 years working with a startup community
- Startup mentality
- Salary of £28K
- Flexible working hours / ability to work from home from time to time (agreed internally)
- 27 days’ holiday plus all bank holidays
- Private health insurance.
How to Apply: Please submit your CV and cover letter outlining your relevant experience and suitability for the role. Applications without a covering letter won’t be considered.
Closing Date for Applications: 10 September 2019
Start Date: Ideally Mid-End September 2019