Head of Design
heycar was born from a simple question: ‘How do we make buying a used car simple?’ The answer? By combining a best-in-class user experience with the most trusted and reputable dealerships across the UK to universally raise the bar on used car buying.
Having launched in the middle of August, we’re a small and nimble team looking for the right people to join our rocketship. If joining a brand of tomorrow at the very start of the journey excites you then read on…
We're looking for an exceptional leader in design with experience across UX, branding and marketing, and ideally UI too. We need an innovator, someone who will partner with peers in product, engineering and marketing, working as part of a team to craft a compelling vision and develop a truly transformative new product.
- Conveying team intent with compelling usage of personas, user-journeys, and other storytelling frameworks into high-value solutions
- Leveraging customer insights and robust testing techniques to drive design decisions
- Implementing a cross-discipline perspective that considers multiple aspects of the brand/business/experience and creates a way for businesses to align with design to solve problems
- Identifying and articulating design logic, benefits and trade-offs
- Mentoring design team members to elevate their craft
- Developing prioritised concepts with wireframes, annotations and UX mapping
- Translating strategic design into controls, mechanisms and processes
- Performing wireframe iterations based on internal reviews and user testing feedback
- Developing choices around design and user interfaces
- Creating style guides, templates and other frameworks
- Ensuring the product is consistent throughout the user journey by creating and maintaining consistent brand guidelines
- Implementing and executing marketing campaigns to help commercialise the product
- Ideally, experience managing a team of designers or mentoring less experienced designers
- Working experience with Sketch, Adobe CS, and InVision.
- Proven experience delivering concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, etc.
- Exceptional communication skills and presentation skills.
- Excellent people management skills to collaborate with colleagues and cross-functional teams.
- A self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment.