Head of Customer Service
Join us and take ownership of building a customer service function that allows us to scale our products and services while maintaining current standards of excellence and customer satisfaction.
About Koru Kids:
Koru Kids is building the world’s best childcare service, starting in London. Our mission is to profoundly impact the wellbeing of over a million families by 2024. We’re making it easier and more affordable for families to access high quality childcare. We’re growing like crazy, are backed by fantastic investors, including top venture capitalists and business angels, and have won a bunch of awards.
About the role:
We’re looking for someone bright and ambitious to build out an industry-leading customer service function. You’ll design customer support processes, tools and systems, grow the team, and lead the definition of a customer service function that supports us scaling rapidly. Customer service is at the heart of everything we do at Koru Kids and we are looking for someone who is truly customer obsessed who will represent the needs of both our families and nannies, keen to establish customer service as the heart and soul of the business.
About the team:
We have an informal, hard-working and kind team culture. We’re all passionate about our mission and are determined to create a truly fantastic childcare service to help working parents. Our culture is friendly and fast paced – we are constantly challenging, testing and adapting the way we do things. We’re also really committed to working with integrity, doing the right thing and building a company we are truly proud of. We’re growing super fast but we also want to make sure that we are building a company on really solid foundations.
What you will do:
- Set the long term direction of customer service including factoring the impact and demand of seasonality into capacity planning and building scalable processes.
- Taking input from the customer service lead, you will galvanise other teams across the company such as product, engineering and operations to drive continuous improvement in our customer service, escalating bugs and issues as appropriate.
- Collating qualitative and quantitative data from the customer service lead and UX lead, you will be a leading voice for the customer internally.
- To accommodate our continual customer acquisition, you will introduce new and innovative ways to monitor customer contact and continue to deliver a first-class service e.g. a ticketing system, centralising all communications, optimising the use of various support channels etc.
- Prioritise and recommend tool and service developments that help reduce the need for customers to contact us, make interactions smoother, and improve the overall customer experience. This will be in collaboration with the customer service lead and eventually a dedicated product manager.
- Map out the customer journeys for both happy and unhappy customers and devise exciting new plans to delight and retain customers for current and new services.
- Work with the Head of People to formalise onboarding, induction and training plans to be delivered in collaboration with the customer service lead.
Does this describe your background and approach?
- Experience managing empathetic customer service teams or growing out a customer service function within high growth environments.
- A builder who enjoys the challenge of creating processes and plans from scratch, getting buy-in from the team(s) and then driving them through to completion.
- The voice of customer service to the wider business, you will be comfortable giving presentations internally and advocating our customer service externally.
- Someone constantly looking for ways to problem-solve, improve and challenge the status-quo.
- A manager who is thrilled by improving team performance.
- Awareness of the pounds and pennies with an appetite for lean efficiency.
- Articulate communication representative of our brand and tone.
- Comfortable under pressure, able to show good judgement when handling challenging situations, and not flustered by ambiguity.
- Comfortable working with and analysing data.
- Any prior experience coordinating and cooperating with product and engineering teams will be beneficial.
Is this how you behave?
- Confident in robust debate, understanding how to pick your battles and knowing when it’s appropriate to stand your ground.
- A tendency towards celebrating excellence.
- Focussed and fast-paced, with acute time management and prioritisation.
- With emotional intelligence. Choosing childcare is an emotional decision, and you’ll need to know when to listen as well as how to talk.
- Comfortable with a degree of chaos. Understanding that startups are unpredictable environments, you roll with it.
- You’re nice. You get that no player is bigger than the team. You fit right into our culture of supporting and helping each other, whilst improving childcare in London and beyond.
A little more about us
As well as salary, all permanent employees are invited to become equity owners in the business, meaning you can truly share in our success. We are huge fans of flexibility, remote working and you having an amazing work-life balance.
We work from a beautiful WeWork near Old St in central London. Our offices are step-free, and have non-gendered bathrooms. As well as lots of free events including yoga, HIIT, and meditation, the office has showers and bike storage, free snacks and drinks.
If you’re interested, send us your CV. Alternatively send us something else that demonstrates your literary prowess, technical capability, creativity or belief in our cause. Impress us; stand out.