iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we've lent over £800 million to over 30,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
The role of the People Operations team is to develop and implement strategies that enable iwoca to attract, develop and retain the best talent, and ensure that iwoca strengthens our people and our culture as we grow. We’re progressive, innovative and looking to set new standards in People Operations, setting the example that other businesses will want to follow.
Your mission will be to:
- Work with teams from across iwoca, to understand recruitment needs and achieve quarterly recruitment goals. For this particular role you’ll be looking after all our Team Germany hiring in our London office.
- Develop clear role profiles, then use traditional and alternative channels to reach out directly to great candidates and develop a strong pipeline.
- Rigorously manage external agencies and other paid-for searches, to ensure they deliver “bang for buck”
- Develop tailored strategies for hiring across different roles and levels – e.g. students, interns, experienced hires, part-timers and remote workers.
- Manage every step of the recruitment process to ensure that all candidates have a great experience when they interview with iwoca - conducting interviews, coaching the hiring team on how to interview candidates and managing stakeholders, for instance agreeing on time taken to provide feedback to candidates, and time taken from application to offer.
- Develop salary recommendations (to be agreed with hiring manager) and negotiate effectively to bring new new hires on board
- Continuously look for ways to enhance the recruitment process, e.g. by gathering feedback from all candidates and researching techniques used by other firms to attract talent
- Promote iwoca and our employee value proposition among prospective candidates, and understand what matters to candidates in different roles and at different levels, in order to feed ideas for how to make iwoca’s employee value proposition highly attractive within the marketplace
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, you’ll have:
- Experience in recruiting, either internally or at an agency. Experience hiring for German speakers or within the German market would be highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – able to manage stakeholders from across the business, and shepherd candidates through the recruitment process in a way that is efficient, friendly, trusting and respectful
- Confidence when working with numbers and the ability to draw insights from analytics to make our hiring process smarter and more efficient
- Excellent organisation skills – the ability to stay on top of the recruitment process for each candidate
- The ability to balance both the day-to-day recruitment as well as strategic projects to develop ways of further enhancing our recruitment drive
- The ability to quickly understand candidates’ motivations and needs, as well as the needs of hiring managers
- Excellent negotiation skills – able to use what you learn about each candidate’s situation in order to craft the right pitch each time, that maximises their likelihood of accepting (which doesn’t hinge entirely on remuneration package)
- Hunger to find the best possible talent – ambitious, driven, hard working and uncompromising
- The ability to spot ways of doing things better and willingness to “test and learn” from new methods when it comes to sourcing candidates
- The drive to join a rapidly-growing start-up and make an impact in the fintech space
What’s life like as an iwocan?
We all enjoy:
- A lovely office in central London, right by Tottenham Court Road
- Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments and yoga
- An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- A paid volunteering day each year, for you to support your chosen charity
Just for you:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- Stock options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme
- 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
- Flexible working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- Tickets to tech conferences across Europe
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.