iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we've lent over £800 million to over 30,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
The role of the People Operations team is to develop and implement strategies that enable iwoca to attract, develop and retain the best talent, and ensure that iwoca strengthens our people and our culture as we grow. We’re progressive, innovative and looking to set new standards in People Operations, setting the example that other businesses will want to follow.
As a Talent Resourcer your mission will be to:
- Quickly develop an understanding of the fintech sector and teams you are recruiting for, in order to build your industry knowledge
- Search for active and passive candidates on job boards, LinkedIn and other recruitment tools or databases, and assess their suitability for open and prospective roles.
- Carry out CV and telephone screens with candidates, and arrange in-person interviews as candidates move through the recruitment cycle
- Chase feedback from both the candidate and the interviewers, to ensure that candidates are moved swiftly through the hiring process, and appropriate feedback is shared in a timely way with various stakeholders (e.g. back to the candidate, to hiring managers, external agencies, etc.)
- Ensure details are updated on our applicant tracking system (ATS, we use Workable), we strive to have a quick and efficient interview process.
- Prepare and issue documentation when we are ready to hire, e.g. offer letters and contracts
- Provide ad-hoc duties and assistance when required to support the People Ops team
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, you’ll have:
- Excellent organisation skills and a proactive approach to problem-solving
- Fluent English, but it would also be a big plus if you can speak German
- Great communication skills (written and spoken) and be confident on the phone
- Proven ability to take ownership, work with stakeholders to properly understand challenges and develop the best solutions
- Confidence to challenge the status quo, and willingness to contribute creative ideas for how to achieve recruitment targets
- The ability to manage through ambiguity to achieve clarity when needed
- Excellent attention to detail
- Eagerness to learn and develop your skills within recruitment and People Operations
- Plenty of hustle!
What’s life like as an iwocan?
We all enjoy:
- A lovely office in central London, right by Tottenham Court Road
- Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments and yoga
- An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- A paid volunteering day each year, for you to support your chosen charity
Just for you:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- Stock options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme
- 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
- Flexible working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- Tickets to tech conferences across Europe
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.