Hussle is a fitness lifestyle company partnering with amazing gyms, pools and spas across the UK. When you Hussle, you can go to any of these venues – wherever you are, whenever you want to go. So you can make fitness a part of your day, not a pause in it.
Since launching as PayAsUGym in 2011, we have successfully established the largest gym network in the country with more than 2,750 participating gyms, health clubs and fitness studios and over 750,000 registered users.
We’ve grown rapidly since 2011, and this year we rebranded to Hussle. A brand which is inspired by the people who use us and work with us. People who want to Hussle to make life work out for them.
To continue our rapid growth we are constantly on the look-out for ambitious and strategically-minded, VP Engineering to join our team at Hussle.
This is a non-coding but still technical role, bringing about the changes required to achieve excellence and scale in the team, speed of delivery, product enhancements and highly effective team processes.
The role involves:
- Overseeing all technical aspects of the organisation
- Establishing a technological vision, and a strategy to achieve it
- Working with the Product Director to align technical strategy with business objectives for the senior management team and to enable the work of other Hussle teams
- Working with the Product Director to manage the delivery of the product roadmap.
- Owning KPIs and budget for the technology organisation
- Evaluating new, suitable technology and planning technological solutions
- Managing and growing the development team including development team leads
- Representing the technical team internally & communicating technology strategy with stakeholders, the development team, and other internal and external audiences
- Owning security, data protection and disaster recovery
- Experience as a CTO or VP Engineering (or similar) in a venture-backed technology scale-up, and a desire to go through that journey again
- Experience translating business objectives to technology goals
- Experience leading a team working on mobile apps, and web applications in the cloud
- Experience scaling teams, and running multiple teams of developers in parallel
- Experience guiding, coaching and supporting a development team
- Experience architecting and designing software, and making architectural trade-offs
- Experience evolving teams towards Agile & DevOps practices
- Strong knowledge of a wide range of modern software technologies
- Strong knowledge of development best practices
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent management skills
- Passion for their work
- Gym membership
- Central London office
- Company pension
- Flexible working
- Lots of team events