Who are Opensignal?
Opensignal, a mobile analytics company, is the global standard for measuring real-world mobile network experience. Using billions of measurements collected 24/7 from tens of millions of smartphones, we analyze real-world mobile network experience at the largest scale and frequency in the wireless industry. We believe measuring how the network performs directly through users’ eyes is key to building better wireless networks. Our insights are used across the industry by mobile operators, telecoms regulators, equipment manufacturers and analysts. We have done business across six continents and have driven press headlines in 80 countries, in an industry impacting the lives of billions around the world.
Founded in 2010, Opensignal is a high-growth global company harnessing the power of mobile technologies and big data analytics to redefine how the mobile industry measures network performance. We’re part of the Global Telecoms ‘Power 100’, TechCity Future Fifty, and backed by an impressive portfolio of investors.
Having doubled our employee base to 60 at the beginning of 2019, we plan to grow beyond 80 by the end of 2019, to help drive our vision further. We're headquartered in London, UK, where you’ll find most of our employees, who we like to call 'Opensignalers', although we do have local teams based in the US who you will also work with. A truly international company, our ‘Opensignalers’ work across four continents, and represent over 25 nationalities.
Find out more by visiting our website
Purpose of the role
Opensignal collects vast amounts of unique data on the real-world experience of mobile networks globally. We are looking to add to our existing team of analysts to enhance our ability to communicate important data-based insights on the mobile telecom market, further cementing our position as the independent global standard for understanding the true state of mobile network experience. This is a US home-based role.
As an Insights Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Developing ideas on new ways to explore Opensignal’s data
- Communicating your analysis in writing for publication externally
- Placing Opensignal data and analytics into wider context with the developments in the mobile telecom industry e.g. the arrival of 5G, mobile operator strategies, auctions of wireless spectrum, mobile video streaming etc.
- Adapting the analysis to the needs of different audiences and countries, for example across the US, South America, EMEA and Asia.
- Collaborating closely with the wider Opensignal teams including Data Science, Engineering, Marketing and PR, to uncover and produce innovative insights
- Creating compelling visualizations using Opensignal data
What we need from you:
- The ideal person for the role will have experience working in the telecom industry or media outlet, for example: industry website; trade newsletter or magazine; industry analyst company; telecom consultancy; industry organization, telecom operator or vendor.
- Knowledge of the US telecoms market would be a bonus!
- Excellent and proven written communication skills - the ability to write clearly and concisely and communicate both quantitative and qualitative analysis in English is essential
- Strong desire and passion for writing – we’d love it if this is something you really enjoy!
- Excellent organisational skills – the ability to collaborate on multiple projects and pieces of insights in parallel is essential for the success in this role
- Numerate, with the ability to use basic quantitative tools e.g. Excel
- Ability to structure thinking using both qualitative and quantitative sources, adapting and showcasing this in an audience-centric manner
Ideal, but not essential:
- Experience creating clear visualizations of data which succinctly communicate the insights from a piece of analysis.
- Experience with visualization tools, e.g. Looker, R, Tableau, PowerPoint, plot.ly, etc
What will you get in return?
- Competitive salary, stock options and on-target commission program to share our growth
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, matched-based 401(k) plan, attractive time off allowance and MacBook of your choice
- Constant exposure to learning opportunities in your role and the ability to make an impact from day one, as well as a personal development budget for conferences, courses & training
- Our 'Opensignalers' - an ambitious, focused and friendly team backed by some of Europe's top investors
- Ability to work flexibly as well as regular all-company events, such as our bi-annual away days and quarterly company updates, where we bring our global ‘Opensignalers’ together at HQ.
To understand how we will be holding your information please take a look at our Recruitment Privacy Notice.