A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a sales and marketing specialist to take over management of a web-based company’s sales and marketing efforts on a flexible, part-time basis. The Student Lawyer is a website for law students providing advice on their studies and careers (www.thestudentlawyer.com). The sales and marketing manager would be responsible for contacting potential partners such as law firms and universities and selling them a variety of advertising options on the site (e.g., sponsored content, banner advertising, social media collaborations etc.).
- Approximately 1 day per week. Hours can be done flexibly and all work can be done remotely, other than occasional meetings with prospective partners.
- Payment by commission on sales only. Commission will be at a competitive tiered rate, with incentivized targets resulting in higher commission.
- Based on the sales history of the website, there is an opportunity to earn £10,000+ p/a in commission.
- Candidate will need to build target lists, contact leads, create media packs and pitch decks, and close deals.
We are looking for a candidate:
- With a proven sales record.
- Who will be pro-active. The site has historically had a strong sales record, but this has not been the case over the last 2 years due to lack of resources. We are looking for someone to kick-start sales again.
- Who is comfortable working without constant supervision. The candidate will report to the directors of the company, who will be able to provide him/her with suggestions for targets, prior marketing materials, information about the company etc., but candidate will need to lead the sales and marketing efforts (perhaps with the support of intern(s)).
- Given the website’s area of interest (law), some knowledge of the legal sector would be preferred but is not required.
Interested candidates should apply with a CV and cover letter.