At DigitalBridge we're always on the lookout for brilliant people to jump on board and help craft the next, most exciting, part of our story. As an award-winning computer vision and machine learning company who has recently secured substantial institutional investment, we're building industry-leading space planning and room visualisation tools to help people design beautiful living spaces irrespective of their design experience. It’s hard, but rewarding work.
Right now, we are looking for a creative product designer to join our growing team. This role is reporting to our Head of UX & Design. You will be embedded in a multidisciplinary product team, working closely with our Service Designer, Product Owner and Developers, the role will have exposure to all elements of the product design process and be a key part of designing the perfect product for our users across the UK, Europe and the US.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved in key decisions about the evolution of our product and help make it the best user experience. It’s a ‘hands-on’ role, with great scope for development and creativity. This role would be ideal for someone who has obtained some good experience in the workplace and is now looking for the next step in their career.
What does the opportunity look like day-to-day?
- Creating Lo-Fi and Hi-Fi wireframes and prototypes for multiple platforms, using specialist tools such as Axure, InVision, Marvel, and Sketch, as well as the Adobe product suite. Don't be afraid to create old school paper prototypes!
- Proposing and sketching out a range of visual concepts, on paper and digitally
- Working closely with our Head of UX & Design and Service Designer to conduct user research and usability testing, with real users. This is to ensure the end-product design provides users with the optimum experience in terms of efficiency, effectiveness and engagement
- Evolving your wireframes into beautiful pixel perfect visual user interface designs
- Facilitating and attending workshops / Design Sprints for the wider team and retailers
- Using design techniques such as How Might We, Crazy 8’s, and the double diamond method
- You will be embedded in a multidisciplinary product team and be working collaboratively with our Head of UX & Design, designers, developers, engineers and product owner
What you will bring to the team:
- A strong understanding of User Experience and strong advocacy for our target users, their abilities, wants and needs
- An interest in and knowledge of, design principles
- Strong visual design skills
- Experience or understanding of working in an agile environment
- High attention to detail
- Ability to create high-quality accurate wireframes
- Ability to apply layout, typography and colour etc
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously with support
- A positive attitude, self-motivation and strive to improve constantly
- A view that failure is an opportunity to learn
- A proactive way of working
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Concept thinking with a keen visual awareness and willingness to learn specialist programmes
- Effective communication skills to liaise with team members and to ensure that high-quality end-user designs meet customer requirements
It would be great if you also have:
- Animation, motion graphics, or videography skills would be advantageous to help convey ideas to the Developers but not essential
Check out our Dribbble to see some of our design work https://dribbble.com/DigitalBridgeHQ
- Fabulous office space
- A relaxed and informal working environment
- Central Manchester location
- Working with a diverse, talented team
- Competitive Salary
- Open holidays
- Pension scheme
- Health insurance
- Share options
- Flexible working
- Food for Thought!: Kitchen with free tea & coffee, soft drinks, cereal and fruit
- Great social activities
- Referral bonus - if someone you introduce joins the company
- Cycle To Work scheme
Many of our staff work flexibly in different ways. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you would like.
Equality of opportunity is at the heart of our recruitment process. You’ll be judged on your suitability for the job and nothing else.