Applications close: Thursday 29th August 2019
Interview date: Tuesday 3rd September 2019
Start date: Immediate
Location: London or Oxford
Salary: £18,000 - £22,000
Contract Type: Full Time, 11am - 7:30pm, Monday-Friday with some weekend work (as the
team you lead would work evenings and weekends)
How to apply: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and CV.
Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.
School Space - Why
Like it or not, funding plays a critical role in a schools ability to deliver a great
education, and we are unfortunately facing a funding cut crisis in the UK, the
scale of which hasn’t been seen since WWII. This is the first problem we’re trying
Secondly, a recent study (conducted by the Eden project) identified that
disconnected communities cost the UK economy over £32 billion/year. Extensive
research has concluded that people feel happier, safer and more content when
they live in connected communities and know their neighbours. Across the UK,
connected communities are simply not happening.
This is where School Space comes in.
School Space - How
Schools have lots of spaces that sit empty on evenings, weekends, and holidays.
We work with schools across the South East to help them let their spaces to
community groups, which not only increases school income, it also makes
affordable spaces available to the locals which in turn helps to build a thriving
school at the center of a thriving community.
School Space - Team
Founders James and Jemma have been working on this problem for 7 years, and
recent success includes investment raises, 40 partner schools, over nearly a
million generated for them. We’ve been on the Techstars 2018 Cohort, been
nominated for Social Enterprise UK’s Social Enterprise of the Year, and picked up
a few awards and amazing networks along the way. Our team are committed to
the n th degree and full of the belief that social business is the model of the future.
We have endless determination to see School Space grow fast and well, scaling
our impact across the UK and beyond. In the mix we have Oxbridge graduates,
marathon runners, a pilot, industry veterans, an Olympic torch bearer and a man
who once ran a marathon with no training/trainers for an onion bhaji.
The Role - Why
Our operation covers 40 schools (and growing), 80+ part-time Community
Connectors (the amazing people who open and close our schools) and thousands
of events annually. The Community Team Lead ensures our on the ground team
are in the right place at the right time, and have the tools to do their job
The Role - How
Key responsibilities include:
- Creating and maintaining our monthly staffing planners on excel, and
uploading them to our shift allocation system.
- Follow our amendment process when new bookings are made, keeping on
top of changes to staffing planners and shifts throughout each month
- Understanding our lock up and lock down process at our schools, how to
schedule staff to complete it, and also complete it yourself semi-regularly
- Be overall responsible for ensuring every shift is covered, and attending
yourself in the unlikely event of an uncovered shift
- Communicate with our wonderful local staff (Community Connectors)
across the area you oversee - and ensure you build a good rapport with
- Ensure that the team of Community Connectors have the right keys,
uniform and training
- Report into the Staffing Lead and/or CEO at School Space to ensure every
shift is covered
- Manage our on call system
What we want from you:
- Clean UK driving license and access to a car
- An amazing attention to detail and ability to follow a repeatable process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Accountability - you are used to taking responsibility for an area of work
and are a ‘self-starter’ who will ensure the job is done well and to deadline
- Experience in dealing with the day-to-day responsibilities of leading and
scheduling a team
- Resilience - the ability to deal with and thrive on challenges on a daily basis
- Curiosity with sincere empathy for team members - a people person
- An eagerness to take on more responsibility, and you thrive on change - we are a start up and that means things are fast moving
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability