Applications close: 24th January at midday
Interview date: 30th January 2020
Start date: Immidiate
Hours: Full Time, Monday-Friday with some evening and weekend work, reflecting the hours of the team you work with
Salary: £22,000-£25,000 p.a
To apply: Please send your covering letter and CV in PDF format. Applications without these documents will not be considered.
School Space - Why
Like it or not, funding plays a critical role in a schools ability to deliver a great education, and we are unfortunately facing a funding cut crisis in the UK, the scale of which hasn’t been seen since the WW2. This is the first problem we’re trying to solve.
Secondly, a recent study (conducted by the Eden project) identified that disconnected communities cost the UK economy over £32 billion/year. Extensive research has concluded that people feel happier, safer and more content when they live in connected communities and know their neighbours. Across the UK, connected communities are simply not happening.
This is where School Space comes in.
School Space - How
Schools have lots of spaces that sit empty on evenings, weekends, and holidays. We work with schools across the South East to help them let their spaces to community groups, which not only increases school income, it also makes affordable spaces available to the locals which in turn helps to build a thriving school at the center of a thriving community.
School Space - Team
Founders James and Jemma have been working on this problem for 8 years, and recent success includes investment raises, 45 partner schools, and over a million generated for them. We’ve been on the Techstars 2018 Cohort, been nominated for Social Enterprise UK’s Social Enterprise of the Year, and picked up a few awards and amazing networks along the way. Our team are committed to the n th degree and full of the belief that social business is the model of the future. We have endless determination to see School Space grow fast and well, scaling our impact across the UK and beyond.
The Role - Why
Our operation covers 45 schools (and growing), 90+ part-time Community Connectors (the amazing people who open and close our schools) and thousands of events annually. The Community Operations Associate ensures our on-the-ground team are in the right place at the right time, and have the tools to do their job effectively.
The Role - How
Key responsibilities include:
- Creating staffing schedules so each member of our team knows where they are working and when
- Keeping on top of changes to our events and ensuring this is reflected in all schedules
- Ensuring each shift is staffed, either by liaising with Community Connectors or attending yourself in the event of an ‘uncovered’ shift
- Being our specialist in the lock up and lock down processes for each of our schools: you can show our staff how to do this and follow the process yourself
- Building and maintaining a great rapport with our wonderful local staff: they will feel supported by you and able to approach you with queries about their schedules
- Enable your team to carry out their roles correctly by delivering training and ensuring they always have the right materials
- Having oversight of the on-call rota, so that this support is available to every Community Connector whilst on shift
- Reporting staffing needs to the Community Manager and SLT at School Space
What we want from you:
- Clean UK driving license and access to a car (generous mileage reimbursement)
- An amazing attention to detail and ability to follow a repeatable process without error
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Accountability - you are used to taking responsibility for an area of work and are a ‘self-starter’ who will ensure the job is done well and to deadline
- Experience in dealing with the responsibilities of scheduling a team
- Resilience - the ability to deal with and thrive on challenges on a daily basis
- Curiosity with sincere empathy for team members - a people person
- An eagerness to take on more responsibility, and you thrive on change - we are a start up and that means things are fast moving
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.