Who is Lifebit?
Lifebit is on the cutting edge of the biotechnology revolution, with 2 products: Deploit and the AI Engine. We closed a $>3M funding round co-led by Pentech and Connect Ventures after graduating from Techstars London 2017’s cohort. We are looking for a Junior Business Development Representative to join the team to help drive growth for both of our products into different potential markets.
Deploit is the world’s first intelligent genomics platform that understands DNA data and generates meaningful insights like humans do. This offers researchers and their corresponding organisations (ie. pharmaceutical) a highly scalable, modular and reproducible system that automates the analysis processes, learns from the data and provides actionable insights. The AI Engine delivers transformational drug-discovery insights via an end-to-end AI-powered solution. It is the tool of the future for precision medicine and multi-omics data analysis.
Lifebit is supported by an international team with very diverse backgrounds and a flat team structure. We like to empower and let our team get involved in any aspect of the business.
All requirements below are just an indication of what we’re looking for. However, sometimes the perfect person is far more or less experienced than we anticipated. If you think that might be your case, please apply and just let us know. We believe soft skills are as equally important as hard skills for our team (and in general for any team).
We’re looking for a results-driven Junior Business Development Representative to actively seek out and engage prospective clients. You will report to the VP Commercial and work closely with the wider Growth team and founders/senior management to drive growth through outbound activities. You will research potential clients, map out their organisations, and reach out to relevant stakeholders in order to get them into our sales funnel. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to join qualification calls and meetings as leads progress through the sales process.
You will work against weekly and monthly targets and iterate messaging and marketing materials as you see what works best with prospects. You will also be required to understand our product and its benefits and offerings to clients and communicate effectively.
You should be willing to get stuck in, with a very hands-on approach and be self motivated to work in a small team, in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
You will operate at the heart of a fast growing startup and will therefore have plenty of opportunity to learn and contribute beyond your core role. You will gain a wealth of experience in this role and will have a real opportunity to grow and develop in your career. Our goal is for the position to act as a springboard into a more senior sales or business development role in Lifebit.
- Present, promote and sell using solid arguments to prospective customers
- Research the market and target customers that have the biggest need for Lifebit’s products
- Understand and appropriately communicate our product offerings, from a technical perspective
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Reach out to customer leads through email, LinkedIn, phone, and events
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
- Continuously improve through feedback
We’re looking for people with:
- Excellent communication, relationship-building & negotiation skills
- Demonstrable prioritization, time management & organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- Willingness and confidence to reach out & network
- Interest in working in a startup environment
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in sales/business development - though this isn’t essential and comprehensive training will be provided
- Knowledge of and/or connections within the pharmaceutical industry