Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We’ve taken something complicated and made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website and your international transfer is made – to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries and we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year and is now processing over £3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees and have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products and services for our customers.
Changing the world isn’t easy – so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain and develop people that can bring to life our values:
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the Role
At WorldRemit we are all about customer and how we can make sending money to friends, family and loved ones around the world quick and easy. We are looking for passionate people who have care and empathy to help our customers with what they need and provide them with support when they contact us.
- Managing queries regarding to our services and customer account/transaction over the phone, email and live chat
- Advising customers on our products and WorldRemit offers
- Think outside of the box to do everything we can to resolve customer query
- Screening and verifying customer’s identification
- Reviewing transactions and identifying suspicious activities. Reporting and escalating suspicious activities to the relevant department
- Monitor and make decision on transactions
Summary of required experience & attributes
- Fluent written and spoken English and German
- At least 1-year experience in a Customer Service role
- Good communication skills
- Passionate about helping people and go the extra mile to keep customers happy
- Be a team player that can adapt to a fast-paced and changing environment
- Highly disciplined, self-motivated, and service delivery focused. Always willing to go that extra mile.
- Ability to take responsibility in challenging situations
- Expertise in multi-tasking
- Flexible and able to work as part of a shift rotation basis (24/7 – 365 days).