Based in London and working in a feature team, you’ll be helping us build our Android app. We have users sending money from 50 countries to over 150 countries – and we’re expanding. The work is varied, from creating new products and features to improving existing functionality, we strive to build a better customer experience and a better codebase. This is real growth at pace.
We use a modern stack – Kotlin, RxJava, Retrofit, Dagger – and modern tools – CI, TDD, Agile – to get the job done.
- Writing great code. We understand code is read more than it’s written, better off tested and maintainability is a must.
- Helping shape what we build. You’ll be working closely with product owners, designers and other engineers to design and refine our work. We work as a team and your input is key.
- Owning delivery. We’re obsessed with shipping value; you’ll own work beyond just a pull request. You’ll care about bugs, scalability, uptime and other non-functional requirements.
- Growing together. You’ll review others' work and happily seek feedback on yours to ensure we build a better codebase and sharpen each other's skills.
What we are looking for:
- A skilled Engineer. 5+ years' experience of building native Android apps.
- Keen on Kotlin. You’re into immutability, non-nullability and all the other advances it brings over Java.
- Works across the whole app. From REST calls and view layouts, to build processes and test cases.
- Happy in the Clouds. Our Cloud Native platform is hosted in AWS and Azure. You’ll be comfortable working with a system that supports users from around the world, at scale.
- Well-principled. Especially in the craft of Software Engineering – you will understand deeply: modularity, testability, extensibility, scalability and other –ilities.
- Bias for action. You see a problem, you fix a problem. You get buy in for your solutions and keep tickets moving. We’re always looking for ways to ship at pace.
- Growth mindset. A willingness to use your skills and experience to mentor less-experienced engineers. A desire to learn from others and make yourself better every day.
- Agile outlook. You need to be excited about working in a fast-changing environment. Products, tools, frameworks and processes change, we evolve and take the best bits with us. The teams drive the evolution.