Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We’ve taken something complicated and made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website and your international transfer is made – to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries and we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year and is now processing over £3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$370 million in funding, currently employ over 800 employees and have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products and services for our customers.
Changing the world isn’t easy – so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain and develop people that can bring to life our values:
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the Role
User research plays a critical contributing role in bringing the business closer to our users. In this role, you will be empowered to work closely with key stakeholders and product designers in order to plan, run, analyse and evangelize research, supporting multiple streams of work. In turn, applying your skills and expertise in driving and delivering measurable impact to the product and user experience.
- Working closely with product designers, and project managers in order to develop and carry out impactful user research across different projects and teams
- Analysis and synthesis of findings as well as a strategic vision supporting next steps
- Drive impact through communicating research findings, and actionable insights, with passion and creative flare
- Apply data driven research culture to your work and beyond
- Evangelise user research and findings
Summary of required experience & attributes
- You have experience in product research, running both qualitative (e.g., usability study, diary study) as well as quantitative (e.g., large scale survey) studies.
- You have an academic background in the field of Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Anthropology, or a related field.
- You take a rigorous approach to UX research and have skills in both generative and evaluative UX research methods as well as optimisation testing.
- You are able to demonstrate that your work has had measurable positive impact to product and user experience.
- You recognise the importance of collaborative work, and exercise your strong interpersonal skills, working closely with other parts of the business including but not limited to data science, customer service, and software engineering.
- You are empathetic, humble and focused on the team, welcoming unique perspectives and opinions.
- You’re someone who draws motivation, purpose and inspiration from the mission of a company in helping to solve the problems you work on.
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical and dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast and fruit every day and Friday 'afternoon tea' drinks and nibbles.
- No formal dress code
Something really important
We are keen to ensure we are designing experiences that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
If the role sounds like a good fit and you’re interested in helping making a genuine impact on people’s lives, don’t hesitate to apply! We appreciate that applying takes a lot of effort, and we really value the time you invest.