Applications close: 5pm on 6th September 2019
Interview dates: 11th & 12th September 2019
Start date: Immediate start or 1st October 2019
Hours: 9:00am - 5:30pm Monday - Friday
Salary: £28,000 - £35,000 p/a
Contract Type: Full time, flexible and remote working possible (for the right
How to apply: Please email a cover letter and CV. Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.
School Space works with schools to rent out their facilities to the community. The
income generated is used by the schools to improve the educational experience
and facilities for their students, in addition to building stronger connections with
the surrounding community. Having recently raised significant investment we are
entering a period of rapid growth which will see us head towards our goal of giving
£7m in income back to our schools by 2020.
We strongly believe that our people are at the heart of our success. From weekly
update videos from the founders, to regular training days, daily stand-ups, socials
and unexpected ‘magic moments’. Our core values are Transparency, Positivity,
Initiative, Community, Drive/Passion and Learning. We are driven to improve and
develop every team member at School Space and actively encourage all team
members to proactively contribute to our culture.
In the last 12 months, we’ve generated over half a million pounds for our partner
schools. That equates to 200,000+ free school meals, 40 additional teaching
assistants, 85,000 footballs but importantly, a brighter future for those schools.
In 2010, our founders, James and Jemma, became part of Wheatley Park School’s Head Boy and Girl Team. In their final year, the school was put into special measures’ by Ofsted. It became the pair’s mission to show that their school was about more than this ‘failing’, and they struck on the idea of
renting out Wheatley Park’s facilities to generate income and open their doors to the local community.
School Partnership Manager
Why does this job exist?
Our London operation covers 20 schools (and growing), 40+ Community
Connectors (the amazing people who open and close our schools) and thousands
of events annually. The School Partnership Manager manages the relationship
between School Space and our schools, allowing us to fulfil our mission of
generating them income and connecting them with their community.
What kinds of things will you be accountable for?
- Work closely with each of your School accounts to ensure that they are
achieving success from the School Space/School Partnership
- Develop relationships within each of our Partner Schools to communicate
our successes, ensuring the whole School staff are ‘on side’ and understand
the benefits of lettings
- Take responsibility for resigning contracts and School Partnership
- Conduct school performance reviews/meetings, and undertake actions as
- Financials and Reporting
- Provide regular reports of expected results, variances and comparisons to be
fed back to management team - including but not limited to financials
- Understand how your schools fit into our income targets and help remove
obstacles to our Business Development team generating them more
- Driving high level community relationships around each school zone -
including relationship building with community leaders
- Constantly look for new schools who might want to partner with us
- Focus on developing processes to improve account management wherever
you see an opportunity to do so
- Gather information on each school site so that our customers and internal
team have the tools to run bookings successfully
- Communicate with our customer operations team to locate venue details
and ensure the site is used in an appropriate manner
How will you know it’s going brilliantly?
- You are achieving a high satisfaction score with all of your School accounts
- The users of our venues are scoring our service/schools over 8 on our
feedback reports and any issues are tackled head on with swift resolution
and constant customer communication
- School revenues are on the up and contracts get re-signed at renewal point
What will help you succeed in this role?
- Confidence to account manage, ask the right questions, and have difficult
conversations with a range of personalities, in the pursuit of providing great
‘service’ to our schools
- An ability to quickly problem solve and proactively address any worries and
concerns from your School accounts
- Great communication skills and ability to manage (and empathise with)
different personalities and identify their motivations
- Attention to detail, handling all day-to-day tasks with diligence and pride
- A passion for helping Schools/education sector
- Confidence to cope with the fast-paced, and changing nature of a growing
- Experience working remotely, individually, and as part of a team
- An ability to see the positives of working in an evolving business with new
systems and process being brought in on a regular basis
Why should you work for us?
If the above wasn’t enough(!), School Space is a family that cares about its impact.
We sleep well at night knowing that we are contributing to a growing company, as
well as providing schools with opportunities to increase their budgets and do good
for their community.
Aside from this, being a small team, the exposure to all elements of business
equips our team with the ability to turn their hand to many future endeavours!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.