Disperse is a VC-backed artificial intelligence construction startup focused on improving on-site productivity with the help of computer vision. Our goal is to ultimately re-imagine the way building projects are planned, delivered and operated.
We're currently working on some of the largest building projects in London (e.g. Renzo Piano’s Shard Place, Wood Wharf) and have grown from 5 to 35 people over the past year. We have ambitions to expand significantly, which means that we are looking for passionate and enthusiastic talent to join the team.
We move at a high speed, and will provide you with immense opportunities for initiative, creativity and leadership. Our proudly diverse, international team is based in London, Sarajevo and Yerevan, and has a wealth of experience from construction management to computer vision and robotics.
We are looking for an organised and proactive problem-solver to join our fast-growing team in London as an Operations Associate. This role sits within our global delivery team who are the bridge between our product and customers, and drive the deployment and maintenance of our solution across our construction sites and support our customers throughout their customer journey. You will be helping the team tackle a breadth of operational challenges and problems from helping launch our product on new projects to driving process improvement and innovation to execute on our long-term roadmap.
- Helping ensure the on-time delivery and implementation of our solution across our customers
- Investigating and resolving customer issues and their root causes
- Driving operational excellence to improve and maintain our project delivery processes and tools
- Designing and implementing best practices and standardised work processes
- Providing ad-hoc support for other areas of team operations
- Working on data-related challenges, and collecting, aggregating and analysing data across different data streams to meet individual customer needs
- Co-operating closely with other teams to drive key project delivery milestones and product releases
Ask anyone at Disperse what they love most about working here, and they'll probably tell you "it's the people!", "the team, of course", "the people and the Hedwig owls in the offices".
As clichéd as it may sound, we're very proud of the people we have and the close-knit, family culture we've built across London, Sarajevo and Yerevan. Despite the distances, we're united through the passion with which we approach our goals and the fun that we have along the way. We always look out for each other, no matter what. The following should give you a good idea what type of culture you'd be joining:
- We encourage proactivity and taking full ownership of problems and initiatives. We don't believe in micromanagement. Instead, we let you pave your own path and give you the space to continuously learn and grow even if it means taking a few detours.
- We support each other. If a process breaks or if you're struggling, you can always count on the people around you and the people far away from you, to help you get back on track.
- We run on feedback: direct and transparent praise and constructive criticism, communicated with the best of intentions. There is no other way to learn!
- Ideas and approaches are always judged on merit rather than source. We welcome discussions and challenges. This way everyone makes a tremendous impact no matter the role
You should apply if:
- You're available for an immediate start
- You ideally have 1-2 years of full-time work experience
- You think analytically; you love working with data and extracting insights to make strong business cases
- You're a problem solver; you don’t accept the status quo and are always looking for creative solutions.
- You're organised and methodological with a keen attention to detail
- You pick up new skills and information quickly
- You have a track record of achievement
Useful but not essential:
- SQL, Python and/or VBA experience
- Salary of £30,000 - £36,000 per annum
- Friendly, open and transparent culture
- You'll get to join a passionate startup with proven traction on its scaling journey
- Flexible working hours / ability to work from home
- Awesome startup office in Central London, Fitzrovia
- 25 days’ holiday plus all bank holidays
- Free coffee
- Regular socials, and team retreats to amazing destinations (Tbilisi, Kiev... Where next?)
The interview process will involve:
- A review of your application;
- A 15-minute chat where we can learn more about each other;
- Homework assignment for us to get a sense of how you tackle problems;
- Two rounds of background and cultural chats with the team.
- Final round to iron out any remaining questions
This process should take around two weeks, depending on diaries.