About Koru Kids
Koru Kids is building the world’s best childcare service, starting in London. We’re making it easier and more affordable for families to access high quality childcare. If you want the opportunity to do irreplaceable work on a unique problem alongside people that will challenge & inspire you; keep reading.
About the role
As Business Intelligence Lead, you’ll be instrumental in helping us achieve our mission of profoundly improving the wellbeing of one million families in London within 5 years.
Co-leading our Product Insights team with our Lead User Researcher, this team will be tasked with 3 things:
- Help us understand which problems are the most important ones to solve
- Help us determine whether the things that we build are having the impact we think they’re having
- Help us figure out how we democratise 1 & 2 to make product insight self service
As an expert in quantitative research, business intelligence and data architecture, you’ll build processes, tools and expertise to help better understand the above. This role isn’t just a query writer and dashboard builder, we’ll be relying on you to help shape the trajectory of the organisation and ensure we truly build the world’s best childcare service.
About the team
We have a transparent and kind team culture, and are truly mission-driven. We care very much about helping families flourish. We’re committed to working with integrity, doing the right thing and building a company we are truly proud of. We’re growing super fast but we also want to make sure that we are building a company on really solid foundations.
An exceptionally strong critical thinker, you can rationally prioritise which problems to solve as well as discover how to solve them. You have a strong user focus and passion for user-centred design, and consistently put both users and data before your ego. You understand the balance between being data validated vs data driven. You obsess about how to drive greater positive impact, and maintain clear performance metrics and dashboards. You can show how you set targets and tracked progress against them in transparent, measurable ways.
You love using quantitative analysis to shape product development and influence overall strategy. You’ll be happy communicating and partnering closely with senior stakeholders, the leadership team and Product leads on strategy; as well as getting in the weeds running your own SQL queries.
You have lots to teach others about the value of quantitative research & analysis, and are equally willing to learn from those around you. Emotionally intelligent, you welcome and give honest feedback, especially when it’s hard to do.
You’ll have blown our socks off if, in your first 6 months, all teams feel like they have the quant data they need; 95% of releases have empirical, quantitative measures of success; we feel more confident about the longer term strategy; and everyone who wants to get access to quant data says they feel like they’re able to self serve for 50% of their requirements.
Must have knowledge/experience:
- Lots of experience in an analytical role using SQL, Python, or R working on an analytics, data science or product team, building and automating reporting dashboards, spreadsheet, and presentation tools
- Experience with advanced relational database techniques, ideally on large transactional (not reporting) databases
- Experience managing and/or leading quantitative teams
- Experience collaborating with qualitative User Researchers
- Track record of successful project management, execution, multi-tasking, delegating, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to set goals and lead through vision, clarity, and passion
Must have skills:
- Ability to synthesize data into useful formats to drive actionable insights for Product and Operations teams
- Ability to get things done and work independently.
- Ability to understand and contribute to a long-term strategic vision
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills
- Effective data analysis skills in a business context, with the ability to present large datasets in a clear and compelling manner
- Excellent analytical, strategic thinking, and creative problem-solving skills
- Construct analyses around a specific business question, write a clear, usable project plan, and execute with minimal guidance
- Be a thought leader on how to use data to inform the product experience with executive leadership
- Experience with designing data architecture and warehousing
Must have behaviours:
- You must be nice
- You must be authentic. We want you to be you, not the “work” version of you
- You must be entrepreneurial. You won’t need a lot of direction. You’re a Manager of One
- You must have the desire to look for simpler but better solutions and the ability to do more with less
- You must have an analytical mind that uses empirical data as well as opinions to back up your position
- You must have huge passion & belief in your own ideas, and the humility to embrace being wrong
If we had to sum up your profile in three words, they’d be “Smart, Kind, Ambitious ”
If you’re interested, send us your CV. Alternatively, send us something else that demonstrates your literary prowess, technical capability, creativity or belief in our cause. Impress us; stand out.