We're looking to hire a HEAD OF ENGINEERING to expand our team.
We look for people who are not afraid of unknowns and enjoy working with others to problem solve and break new ground. You should have a deep interest and track record in the blockchain space, with a genuine interest in improving the financial services ecosystem. You should be creative but also able to reason about technical problems, argue thoughtfully and contribute in a team setting.
- Help propose solutions for some of the foundational problems in the banking and financial services space.
- Lead and growing the Engineering team and be a pivotal member of the product delivery team.
- Work with our CTO to define technical and product roadmaps and ensure timely delivery of high-quality, secure software.
- Be responsible for driving technical innovation, processes and best practices required to deliver the platform at scale.
- Be a hands-on manager, responsible for inspiring, managing and growing a world class engineering team, building a culture of trust and collaboration between engineers and teams across multiple offices and time zones.
As Head of Engineering you will be responsible for ensuring proper planning and delivery of complex projects, setting clear goals for your team, delivering timely feedback and rewards, and helping recruit great engineers.
- 10+ years hands-on technical expertise, with a willingness to adapt and learn.
- Experience of working in Banking, Fintech and/or Blockchain startup preferred.
- Dynamically minded, comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment.
- A strong understanding of the Fintech space, in particular around core banking platform, the technology they use and their database (on cloud) management
- Very familiar with API integration and is able to architect a very modular bank, which enables replacement of core systems through 'simple' plug and play
- Built and shipped software products or protocols with at least two production launches to speak of.
- Experience of managing engineering teams including building and leading productive, high functioning, and distributed teams.
- Active participation in a team’s career development, having managed engineer's performance with proper mentorship and coaching.
- Detailed understanding of software methodologies and processes including Agile and Kanban.
- Ability to work with product teams in defining tasks and creating roadmaps.
- Ability to foster and to create positive engineering cultures.
- Ability to communicate with technical and business stakeholders.
NICE TO HAVES
- Previous experience in blockchain or distributed systems.
- Experience of working with Ethereum.
- Engagement in Open Source communities.
- Experience of scaling teams rapidly.
- Understands the full tech eco system required to run a bank, including regulatory requirements around security, regulatory reporting, zero failure.
- Some RFI/RFP related experience and comfort with legal aspects of establishing tech supplier relationships.
- Experience of delivering protocols rather than products.
- Experience of working in an innovative, disruptive businesses.
This is a part time role with a view to a full time position and equity benefits.
FEMALE CANDIDATES ESPECIALLY WELCOMED