Sales at Tessian
Having found exceptional product-market fit for our category-defining Human Layer Security software platform, we’re in the midst of transitioning from 'start-up' to ‘scale-up’, and looking for Account Executives to capitalise on the huge demand for our product.
Funded by VCs such as Sequoia Capital and Accel Partners, we’re building out our commercial presence in new markets and geographies and are looking for passionate entrepreneurs, builders and straight up hustlers to help us build something special.
We’re looking for outstanding tech salespeople who have consistently hit target and thrive in taking full ownership of the sales cycle, from lead generation through to closing. You’ll be an articulate presenter and a strategic planner but above all, dynamic and goal-oriented.
This role will be based in our London HQ, serving EMEA and APAC, but will be part of a wider team working with our San Francisco office.
This opportunity will serve as an inflection point in your career, accelerating your development, responsibilities and achievements at a rapid pace.
We don’t pretend that it’ll be easy - joining a company and embarking on the scale-up phase is an amazing challenge, pushing well beyond the boundaries of natural growth cycles. You’ll move quicker than feels comfortable, and be brilliant at continually re-prioritising what must get done to keep Tessian growing year over year at the pace of the fastest growing SaaS companies in history.
In this role you'll get to:
- Generate, manage and forecast a sales pipeline on your own
- Present our product to senior executives in client meetings
- Navigate through complex sales cycles with some of the most prestigious companies across EMEA and the Asia Pacific region
- Be able to anticipate, manage and influence prospect objections
- Ensure high level of responsiveness with prospects through the sales process
- Proactively source new leads and new business opportunities, with the support of the sales development and marketing functions
- Research accounts to understand need, enable effective follow up, and generate interest
- Collaborate with team members and find strategic ways to win business
- Build strong relationships with your prospects but also all internal stakeholders involved in the sales cycle
We'd love to meet someone who:
- Ideally has a track record for exceeding targets in tech sales (bonus: in venture-backed B2B SaaS) or 1-3 years experience in a competitive professional environment
- Ideally has broad experience from lead generation through to closing deals
- Presents themselves as highly credible and articulate face-to-face, over the phone, and via email
- Has a confident persona and can deliver extraordinary customer relationships
- Is very good at communicating complex technological ideas in a simple, compelling way
- Is highly professional and results obsessed
Why we think you'll love it here:
- You’ll work alongside amazing, high-performing colleagues
- We offer a competitive salary and equity options with every role, with annual salary reviews.
- Base & proportional OTE are negotiable and target-linked with 50/50 base/commission OTE split.
- 25 days of paid holiday leave, plus an additional 8 days off for UK public holidays
- A full week of work-remote a year - take your laptop and work for a week a year from wherever you like!
- Plentiful breakfast options included, as well as delicious snacks, soft drinks and a top-of-the-range coffee machine
- Team lunch provided on Fridays - normally with more hummus than you can shake a stick at
- Elite membership of the Tessian House System - giving our socials a competitive edge
- High-quality tech kit provided for you to work on
- Tessian Library: if you have a work-relevant book you'd like to read, we'll buy it and add it to our library!
- Flexible working hours and working from home, subject to agreement with your line manager
- Pension plan contributions of up to 3%
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers for annual eye-tests
- Family friendly 1 day per week working from home guaranteed for parents and carers
- Extra day off to take a child to their first day of primary school and/or nursery
- Childcare vouchers