DevOps & Platform at Tessian
We're looking for a DevOps Team Lead to join us on our predominantly cloud centric infrastructure. You should be experienced with (and excited by!) ideas like infrastructure as code and "cattle not pets", and be prepared to design, develop and support the various offerings of our system. Because of the sensitive nature of our work flexibility is a must. We deploy to AWS today, but may want to extend to other cloud offerings in the future.
We are extensively using Docker to manage our application code, so this role gives a chance to build on modern software deployment techniques, and we use a range of cloud services to orchestrate, secure and manage our application stack. You'll be investigating and proposing microservices architectures and coming up with new ways to deploy and scale Tessian's platform.
You’ll be growing your skill-set on an ongoing basis; regular and continuous development is something we believe in and as an employee we will seek to create opportunities for you to evolve. Our agnostic approach to problem solving means we favour hiring engineers who pride themselves on the ability to learn new skills, their comfort with the unknown and their willingness to experiment.
This role may involve, at times, client side visits (occasional).
We'd love to meet someone who:
- Has 5+ years of DevOps/Platform experience, and has ideally held a Lead role
- Is a great problem solver who takes pride in their work
- Enjoys building scalable and resilient systems
- Has strong experience managing a range of production applications in a distributed and highly available cloud services environment (AWS preferable)
- Has experience with containerization (Docker) and high level container orchestration systems (e.g. ECS/Kubernetes/Swarm)
- Has experience with automation and configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Terraform, and Puppet)
- Has a deep understanding of Linux operating system and administration skills, and shell-scripting skills
- Has a deep understanding of server/network security concepts and implementations
- Has created and worked with microservice infrastructures
- Ideally has some experience deploying solutions to enterprise clients
Why we think you'll love it here:
- You’ll work alongside amazing, high-performing colleagues
- We offer a competitive salary and equity options with every role, with annual salary reviews.
- 25 days of paid holiday leave, plus an additional 8 days off for UK public holidays
- A full week of work-remote a year - take your laptop and work for a week a year from wherever you like!
- Plentiful breakfast options included, as well as delicious snacks, soft drinks and a top-of-the-range coffee machine
- Team lunch provided on Fridays - normally with more hummus than you can shake a stick at
- Elite membership of the Tessian House System - giving our socials a competitive edge
- High-quality tech kit provided for you to work on
- Tessian Library: if you have a work-relevant book you'd like to read, we'll buy it and add it to our library!
- Flexible working hours and working from home, subject to agreement with your line manager
- Pension plan contributions of up to 3%
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers for annual eye-tests
- Family friendly 1 day per week working from home guaranteed for parents and carers
- Extra day off to take a child to their first day of primary school and/or nursery
- Childcare vouchers
- If you’re coming from abroad, we’ll provide relocation assistance. Over 25% of the company is international and we’re always as supportive as we can be in helping people make the move