Frontend at Tessian
At Tessian, our mission is to keep the world’s most sensitive data and systems private and secure. Our platform uses machine intelligence to understand human communication at scale, allowing us to protect some of the world’s largest organisations from threats executable by humans.
We believe that our product, whilst highly technical, should deliver a best-in-class user experience where complexity is hidden. As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will play an integral part in rebuilding our portal from the ground up to help us achieve this.
From a Frontend perspective, we have two main challenges at Tessian; Concisely communicating security insights from millions of data points back to our clients through analytics and dashboards, and ensuring all our users find our portal easy to use, despite its industry-leading level of sophistication and flexibility.
Dealing with massive datasets at scale requires ingenuity and strong analytical skills. Our approach to problem solving means we favour hiring engineers who pride themselves on the ability to learn new skills, their comfort with the unknown and their willingness to experiment.
Frontend Stack Snapshot:
- Python 3
- SQL (SQLAlchemy, PostgreSQL)
We'd love to meet someone who:
- Is a great problem solver who takes pride in their work
- Enjoys the challenge of working with and presenting summaries of large datasets
- Has passion for learning new skills and technologies
- Has ideally worked on large, complex Enterprise dashboards before
- Is ideally equally comfortable working on frontend and backend tasks
Why we think you'll love it here:
- You’ll work alongside amazing, high-performing colleagues
- We offer a competitive salary and equity options with every role, with annual salary reviews.
- 25 days of paid holiday leave, plus an additional 8 days off for UK public holidays
- A full week of work-remote a year - take your laptop and work for a week a year from wherever you like!
- Plentiful breakfast options included, as well as delicious snacks, soft drinks and a top-of-the-range coffee machine
- Team lunch provided on Fridays - normally with more hummus than you can shake a stick at
- Elite membership of the Tessian House System - giving our socials a competitive edge
- High-quality tech kit provided for you to work on
- Tessian Library: if you have a work-relevant book you'd like to read, we'll buy it and add it to our library!
- Flexible working hours and working from home, subject to agreement with your line manager
- Pension plan contributions of up to 3%
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers for annual eye-tests
- Family friendly 1 day per week working from home guaranteed for parents and carers
- Extra day off to take a child to their first day of primary school and/or nursery
- Childcare vouchers
- If you’re coming from abroad, we’ll provide relocation assistance. Over 25% of the company is international and we’re always as supportive as we can be in helping people make the move