Sales Development at Tessian
Having found exceptional product-market fit for our category-defining Human Layer Security software platform, we’re in the midst of transitioning from 'start-up' to ‘scale-up’, and looking for a Sales Development Manager to develop a culture of brilliance.
Funded by VCs such as Sequoia Capital and Accel Partners, we’re building out our commercial presence in new markets and geographies and are looking for passionate entrepreneurs, builders and straight up hustlers to help us build something special.
You’ll be inspiring and technically knowledgeable, ready to be a leader of, and to develop, our London Sales Development Reps.
London is our company HQ and home to not only commercial teams, but our incredible product-development organisation. Our HQ serves as both a commercial gateway to our customers across EMEA, and home to our engineering, product and design teams, from where we build our base to expand across the globe.
This opportunity will serve as an inflection point in your career, accelerating your development, responsibilities and achievements at a rapid pace. We don’t pretend that it’ll be easy - joining a company and embarking on the scale-up phase is an amazing challenge, pushing well beyond the boundaries of natural growth cycles. You’ll move quicker than feels comfortable, and be brilliant at continually re-prioritising what must get done to keep Tessian growing year over year at the pace of the fastest growing SaaS companies in history
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Build a developmental sales and office culture that you’re proud of, and that our employees tell their friends about
- Hire and develop a sales development team that aim for excellence in everything they do, aiming towards a career in SaaS sales
- Build, manage and draw data-driven insight from your team’s top of funnel pipeline creation
- Use this insight to iterate and improve funnel conversion and team effectiveness
- Work cross-functionally with our partners in marketing, product, finance and recruiting to lead and/or support different strategic initiatives
- Be a vocal evangelist and thought leader in the markets where we serve our customers and continue to recruit our talented teams
We'd love to meet someone who:
- Is an exceptionally inspiring leader that people love to follow
- Takes a player-coach approach to teaching the fundamentals of not just sales development, but professional development for aspiring sales reps
- Has a strong track record of success in their own-right as a sales rep before transitioning into a leadership capacity
- Has 1-3 years of sales/ SDR management experience
- Thinks differently and knows when to follow a playbook that’s served them well and when to innovate and create something completely new
- Loves to spend time analysing the data, looking for trends and ‘aha!’ moments
- Incredible communication skills - we’re a globally dispersed team and need to stay connected
Why we think you'll love it here:
- You’ll work alongside amazing, high-performing colleagues
- We offer a competitive salary and equity options with every role, with annual salary reviews.
- 25 days of paid holiday leave, plus an additional 8 days off for UK public holidays
- A full week of work-remote a year - take your laptop and work for a week a year from wherever you like!
- Plentiful breakfast options included, as well as delicious snacks, soft drinks and a top-of-the-range coffee machine
- Team lunch provided on Fridays - normally with more hummus than you can shake a stick at
- Elite membership of the Tessian House System - giving our socials a competitive edge
- High-quality tech kit provided for you to work on
- Tessian Library: if you have a work-relevant book you'd like to read, we'll buy it and add it to our library!
- Flexible working hours and working from home, subject to agreement with your line manager
- Pension plan contributions of up to 3%
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers for annual eye-tests
- Family friendly 1 day per week working from home guaranteed for parents and carers
- Extra day off to take a child to their first day of primary school and/or nursery
- Childcare vouchers
- If you’re coming from abroad, we’ll provide relocation assistance. Over 25% of the company is international and we’re always as supportive as we can be in helping people make the move