Sales Development at Tessian
Tessian grew by over 400% in 2018, and we aspire to do that again in the next 12 months. Our commercial team deals with every aspect of the client journey: making initial contact to start the conversation, closing deals, and making sure that every one of our clients has a fantastic experience and gets the maximum benefit from our platform.
Sales Development is the art and science of making something from nothing by reaching out to a prospect. Most of our clients started their journey with Tessian following outreach that sparked a conversation -- first this outreach was conducted by our founders, then our Account Executives and now by our purpose-built Sales Development teams in London and San Francisco
As a Sales Development Representative, you'll be running your own outbound selling process: prospecting, developing, and qualifying prospects to build pipeline for our future growth. You’ll be researching accounts and leads, sparking new relationships, and convincing new prospects to explore our product offering. You’ll spend the majority of your time connecting with prospects on the phone, via email and through social media. You'll be expected to consistently meet and exceed monthly targets, and we will help guide you to think strategically through the outreach process and share expert guidance and coaching to develop your commercial skills.
You will work closely with, and learn from, a team of people who have consistently scaled one of Europe's fastest growing startups, closing deals with the largest and most prestigious organisations in the world, while still in their 20s. We know that you can achieve great things early in your career, so we take a meritocratic approach to progression. Our expectation is that Reps will progress either to Manager roles in Sales Development, or become Account Executives, at the 18 month stage of their career, with ultra-high achievers given the opportunity at 12, or even 6 months.
As a team of highly motivated and intelligent people, we have a strong belief that we require the brightest and most enthusiastic people to help us realise these goals. If you have a background of exceptional achievement in any field and can show that you are committed to succeeding in your career at a hyper growth technology start-up, we’d love to hear from you.
The application process:
- The Tessian team internally reviews CVs
- You’ll have a quick call with a member of the team
- You’ll complete a short written exercise
- We’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview (c. 60 minutes) and tour at our London office(If required)
- We’ll do quick follow-up calls with team members that were unable to make the face-to-face interview
We'd love to meet someone who:
- Has the passion and determination to succeed in a commercial career
- Can demonstrate examples of a desire to succeed in fields they are passionate about
- Demonstrates diversity of thought and curiosity
- Has first-rate verbal and written communication skills
- Isn’t afraid to pick up the phone and reach out to new peopleIs results-oriented and committed to achieving goals
Why we think you'll love it here:
- You’ll work alongside amazing, high-performing colleagues
- 25 days of paid holiday leave, plus an additional 8 days off for UK public holidays
- We offer a competitive salary and equity options with every role, with annual salary reviews.
- A full week of work-remote a year - take your laptop and work for a week a year from wherever you like!
- Plentiful breakfast options included, as well as delicious snacks, soft drinks and a top-of-the-range coffee machine
- Team lunch provided on Fridays - normally with more hummus than you can shake a stick at
- Elite membership of the Tessian House System - giving our socials a competitive edge
- High-quality tech kit provided for you to work on
- Tessian Library: if you have a work-relevant book you'd like to read, we'll buy it and add it to our library!
- Flexible working hours and working from home, subject to agreement with your line manager
- Pension plan contributions of up to 3%
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers for annual eye-tests
- Family friendly 1 day per week working from home guaranteed for parents and carers
- Extra day off to take a child to their first day of primary school and/or nursery
- Childcare vouchers
- If you’re coming from abroad, we’ll provide relocation assistance. Over 25% of the company is international and we’re always as supportive as we can be in helping people make the move