Data Engineering at Tessian
At Tessian we are dealing with an ever increasing volume of data and a growing scope of what we want to do with that data. We’re looking for an experienced data engineer to join our platform team to unlock the potential of the rich data sets that we are collecting.
Our first Data Engineer will sit in our Platform team and work closely with our Data Scientists to build out infrastructure and pipelines to allow them to iterate quickly on terabytes of data.
As a Tessian Data Engineer you will:
- Lead approaches to efficiently handle ever increasing volumes of data.
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production.
- Work with Data Scientists to deploy, test and scale models in production.
- Designing systems to expose data to product and engineering teams in a performant and secure way.
We've been working on some fascinating projects:
- Using Spark to scale one of our existing products
- An ETL pipeline transforming millions of tiny files on AWS Glue to Parquet.
- Dumping terabytes of data from Postgres databases in a performant, scalable way.
- Automating data pipelines that support our product flow.
We'd love to meet someone who has experience with:
- Spark (on Amazon EMR)
- Python (or another scripting language)
- Data Pipelines and ETL
- Amazon Web Services
Why we think you'll love it here:
- You’ll work alongside amazing, high-performing colleagues on complex and challenging problems
- We offer a competitive salary and equity options with every role, with annual salary reviews.
- 25 days of paid holiday leave, plus an additional 8 days off for UK public holidays
- A full week of work-remote a year - take your laptop and work for a week a year from wherever you like!
- Plentiful breakfast options included, as well as delicious snacks, soft drinks and a top-of-the-range coffee machine
- Team lunch provided on Fridays - normally with more hummus than you can shake a stick at
- Elite membership of the Tessian House System - giving our socials a competitive edge
- High-quality tech kit provided for you to work on
- Tessian Library: if you have a work-relevant book you'd like to read, we'll buy it and add it to our library!
- Flexible working hours and working from home, subject to agreement with your line manager
- Pension plan contributions of up to 3%
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers for annual eye-tests
- Family friendly 1 day per week working from home guaranteed for parents and carers
- Extra day off to take a child to their first day of primary school and/or nursery
- Childcare vouchers
- If you’re coming from abroad, we’ll provide relocation assistance. Over 25% of the company is international and we’re always as supportive as we can be in helping people make the move