Python Backend Engineering at Tessian
At Tessian, we're building machine-intelligent filters to secure enterprise communications. This involves high volume, low latency data processing for some of the world’s largest organisations.
Our mission is to keep the world’s most sensitive data private and secure - to do this we're looking for backend engineers to help build out our platform supporting our next stage of growth.
The backend systems power the whole company and our teams have touch points with all of our engineering teams. From deploying data science models in production to integrating with our front end, you'll be involved in projects that span all aspects of the business.
Our teams are made up of people from diverse backgrounds; some have been building Python systems for years and some have learnt the ins and outs of Python on the job. Primarily, we are looking for self starters who are excited and passionate to learn.
As a Tessian Backend Engineer you will:
- Design reliable distributed systems that handle high volumes of data with low latency
- Maintain and support business-critical systems
- Ship code to production every day using CI/CD techniques
- Tackle the challenges that come with processing highly sensitive data
- Value security over box-ticking
- Make your mark on ambitious projects
Our backend tech stack includes:
- Python 3
- Environments built around Docker and AWS
- High volume PostgreSQL databases
- Concourse for CI/CD
- Terraform built environments
We'd love to meet someone who:
- Is a great problem solver who takes pride in their work
- Values getting things done over getting things perfect
- Is comfortable with the unknown and loves to experiment
- Can construct good arguments for methodologies or practices
- Has worked with, or understands the principles behind working with data at scale
- A passionate software developer, either with Python experience or excited to learn it
- Ideally has an interest in machine learning
Why we think you'll love it here:
- You’ll work alongside amazing, high-performing colleagues
- We offer a competitive salary and equity options with every role, with annual salary reviews.
- 25 days of paid holiday leave, plus an additional 8 days off for UK public holidays
- A full week of work-remote a year - take your laptop and work for a week a year from wherever you like!
- Plentiful breakfast options included, as well as delicious snacks, soft drinks and a top-of-the-range coffee machine
- Team lunch provided on Fridays - normally with more hummus than you can shake a stick at
- Elite membership of the Tessian House System - giving our socials a competitive edge
- High-quality tech kit provided for you to work on
- Tessian Library: if you have a work-relevant book you'd like to read, we'll buy it and add it to our library!
- Flexible working hours and working from home, subject to agreement with your line manager
- Pension plan contributions of up to 3%
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers for annual eye-tests
- Family friendly 1 day per week working from home guaranteed for parents and carers
- Extra day off to take a child to their first day of primary school and/or nursery
- Childcare vouchers
- If you’re coming from abroad, we’ll provide relocation assistance. Over 25% of the company is international and we’re always as supportive as we can be in helping people make the move