Data Science at Tessian
At Tessian, we're building machine-intelligent filters to secure enterprise communications. This involves deploying near real-time machine learning models at massive scale to some of the world’s largest organisations.
Our mission is to keep the world’s most sensitive data private and secure - to do this we're looking for data scientists who pride themselves on their ability to learn new skills, are comfortable with the unknown, and are willing to experiment.
We believe data scientists can fall into three valuable roles:
1) You work for a business function analysing & reporting on how to improve a key metric, e.g increasing user conversion
2) You are responsible for writing production models to enhance the main product, e.g recommendation systems for e-commerce
3) You are the product
Tessian couldn't exist without our machine learning models; it’s at the heart of what we do, and it’s what our clients rely on day-to-day. We're looking for data scientists who are excited about the opportunities and challenges that come with researching, building and deploying real-time production models.
We're looking for applicants with 5+ year's production experience, or you've completed a machine learning/statistics/physics PhD and want to become more applied. You should have experience owning complex projects from start to finish and an interest in eventually leading a team.
If you're interested in hearing more about Data Science at Tessian, read our blog post here!
As a Tessian Data Scientist you will:
- Use machine learning to eliminate advanced security threats - our models are built to detect anomalies in the intricacies of human-to-human communications
- Brainstorm ideas with your team and quickly mock up prototypes in Jupyter Notebooks
- Be thrown into the exciting unknown - we like to focus on new problems so there is little prior research to rely on
- Be responsible for getting your work into production (see here)
- Work closely with the backend engineering team to deploy, monitor and iterate on your models
- Learn new technologies and help decide which should make it into our production stack
Why we think you'll love it here:
- You’ll work alongside amazing, high-performing colleagues
- We offer a competitive salary and equity options with every role, with annual salary reviews.
- 25 days of paid holiday leave, plus an additional 8 days off for UK public holidays
- A full week of work-remote a year - take your laptop and work for a week a year from wherever you like!
- Plentiful breakfast options included, as well as delicious snacks, soft drinks and a top-of-the-range coffee machine
- Team lunch provided on Fridays - normally with more hummus than you can shake a stick at
- Elite membership of the Tessian House System - giving our socials a competitive edge
- High-quality tech kit provided for you to work on
- Tessian Library: if you have a work-relevant book you'd like to read, we'll buy it and add it to our library!
- Flexible working hours and working from home, subject to agreement with your line manager
- Pension plan contributions of up to 3%
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers for annual eye-tests
- Family friendly 1 day per week working from home guaranteed for parents and carers
- Extra day off to take a child to their first day of primary school and/or nursery
- Childcare vouchers
- If you’re coming from abroad, we’ll provide relocation assistance. Over 25% of the company is international and we’re always as supportive as we can be in helping people make the move