Technical Support at Tessian
Our incredible product-market fit and customer growth has led to an exponential rise in users who are being protected by Tessian across the world. With our customers increasing in size, sophistication and organisational complexity we’re now looking for an experienced Technical Support Lead to help build and lead our technical support process from within Engineering. This is a critical role for us at Tessian since we hold extremely high expectations of our ability to successfully resolve all issues our users might face, and are proud of our reputation amongst customers and their peers (we have a CSAT score of over 99% and have never had a customer leave us).
As Technical Support Lead you will provide a crucial link between our customer support team and Engineering when supporting our clients, balancing the technical attributes of an engineer along with the ability to work directly with clients to manage and solve complex issues. You will be sitting within Engineering directly with our developers but working very closely with the customer support team to deliver an amazing experience to our customers by constantly innovating and pushing the boundaries of enterprise support.
You will be responsible for building, managing and executing the process for all technical support tickets escalated to Engineering, including being fully hands-on acting as a key escalation point. Support issues are often complex and edge-case in nature, requiring a deep technical understanding to reproduce them as well as close interaction with our customers to fully understand, diagnose and ultimately resolve.
What you'll be doing:
- Overseeing the management and ownership of support tickets raised to Engineering
- Working closely with the support team to create processes and best practices
- Analysing, diagnosing, and resolving technical issues in complex client environments
- Effectively collaborating with customer engineers and Information Technology admins
- Developing and maintaining a deep technical knowledge of Tessian products
- Being the source of knowledge for technologies such as Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Exchange, system networking, GPO/SCCM deployments, Citrix and terminal servers
- Proactively working with Engineering, internal teams and customers to avoid or reduce issue occurrences
We'd love to meet someone who:
- Has a Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Has 10+ years experience working in technical support
- Has a proven record of leading and managing a technical support function
- Has advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Exchange integrations
- Has strong experience of Enterprise system admin technologies such as GPO/SCCM, firewalls, proxies, Citrix / terminal server environments
- Has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, able to convey complex technical information to non-technical clients or internal stakeholders
- Has a problem-solving mentality, with the ability to think outside the box and ask the right questions
- Has Experience with .Net coding (C# / VB.net)
Why we think you'll love it here:
- You’ll work alongside amazing, high-performing colleagues solving complex, intellectually challenging problems
- We offer a competitive salary and equity options with every role, with annual salary reviews.
- 25 days of paid holiday leave, plus an additional 8 days off for UK public holidays
- A full week of work-remote a year - take your laptop and work for a week a year from wherever you like!
- Plentiful breakfast options included, as well as delicious snacks, soft drinks and a top-of-the-range coffee machine
- Team lunch provided on Fridays - normally with more hummus than you can shake a stick at
- Elite membership of the Tessian House System - giving our socials a competitive edge
- High-quality tech kit provided for you to work on
- Tessian Library: if you have a work-relevant book you'd like to read, we'll buy it and add it to our library!
- Flexible working hours and working from home, subject to agreement with your line manager
- Pension plan contributions of up to 3%
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers for annual eye-tests
- Family friendly 1 day per week working from home guaranteed for parents and carers
- Extra day off to take a child to their first day of primary school and/or nursery
- Childcare vouchers