We are looking for an entrepreneurial full stack developer to help build an innovative B2B Fintech platform in the field of currency risk management & FX trading. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a founding team to build a product that will disrupt the murky world of traditional banking and brokerage firms by providing SME clients with transparency and quality advisory solutions.
For the right candidate we offer both financial rewards, plus the opportunity to be the principle system architect and drive product development in an exciting, disruptive fintech start up.
To date the company has:
- Developed unique and valuable IP within currency risk and FX trading analytics
- Built a functional trading cost analysis platform in Java
- Established a competent sales & marketing team and distribution strategy
- Generated revenue from advisory services
As the first technology hire across the entire business, you’ll need to hit the ground running. You are a passionate technologist that owns delivery from concept through to completion.
- Collaborate on software design, maintenance, troubleshooting, and feature implementation
- Provide accurate story and project estimations
- Consistently write clean, modular, readable, testable and maintainable code
- Create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Analyze and implement system architecture and structure requirements
- Implement Unit test Requirements
The first task will be to bring our Java-based Transaction Cost Analysis tool from prototype to production MVP. The long-term responsibility will be to create a user-friendly SaaS platform. At a later stage this may involve utilizing a body of R & Python-based algorithms developed by one of our team. You will be responsible for designing the architecture, database structure and code the front end and back end.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
The below list of skills is a starting point for technical discussion, obviously it is unlikely a candidate will have deep experience in all the areas stated. However, we expect suitable candidates to bring ideas and experience that will help guide decisions around suitable technologies and appropriate tech stack for maximum firm success.
- Full stack/backend development skills including C# and .NET.
- Front-end: React or similar modern frontend libraries/frameworks
- Back-end: .NET, C#, SQL Server, Web service (REST, ODATA, WCF), Oracle, AWS
- Knowledge of Python
- Strong understanding of Agile/Scrum methodology, Eclipse, Git and Jira
- Experience with API integration, financial applications experience is especially valuable
- Experience with version control workflows and tools (preferably Git)
- Experience architecting large software systems and enterprise integrations, RDBNS databases in general
- Solid grasp of and fluent in common design patterns tools
- Relevant experience in the following technologies: Angular2, Bootstrap, CSS, Groovy, HTML, jQuery, REST Web Services and XHTML
- Professional experience (>5 yrs) years of commercial development experience with a track record of delivering high-quality software products
- Bonus to have worked in financial services or start-up environments and comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment
- Experience creating scalable processes, applications, data infrastructure and tools for integration with 3rd party services / systems