Community Lead at Disciple.
Building a new kind of social media platform.
Our mission is to help independent communities of all shapes and sizes thrive in a mobile first world. We are a fast moving technology business going through exciting growth.
Having built native communities for a diverse range of customers, from global entertainment brands such as the Rolling Stones, the UK’s first parliamentary constituency community for Matt Hancock MP, to major global corporations, celebrity chefs, think tanks, residential communities and schools, we have now opened up the platform for anyone to create their own community on a SaaS basis.
All our customers have one thing in common - a shared passion and a desire to nurture their community on a social platform they define and they control.
Disciple is looking for a head of community to manage our relationship with prospects, customers and interested parties across social media and the community engaged in the Disciple Community app (which we will power with the Disciple platform.) This is a core role in the company and central to the ambitions of Disciple.
You’ll report to our: CEO/ Founder
You will be responsible for:
- Managing Social media channels- You will define and execute a strategy for understanding and engaging with the conversations on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin referencing Disciple and the wider opportunities/problems with building valuable communities on both social media platforms and owned online communities.
- Defining best practice tools for social media management at scale- You will have the responsibility of procuring and managing a software stack which allows Disciple to optimise our relationship with our social media audience.
- Defining Disciple’s own community - We see enormous value in building a community for all customers, prospects and those interested in the subject of community. You will lead the process of defining the best use of our product to achieve this.
- Being the host of the Disciple community app. This will mean engaging with prospects, customers and influencers from the world of community management to build the world’s leading community for those interested in building thriving, valuable communities. We will be using this community as the central way in which we nurture our relationship with prospects and customers.
- Defining the Disciple platform. As you become a power user of the Disciple platform, you will work closely with the product team to enhance the product based on your experiences.
- Sharing your knowledge. You will share your knowledge of community building and management with the Disciple team and beyond. Your understanding of communities will improve how our customers develop their communities, how we market and how we provide support.Thinking creatively at all times. You will define the tone and voice of Disciple on socials and in our community and will need to have a creative mind so you can develop the content to support our goals.
You’ll love this role if you:
- Have a passion for online communities and community building.
- Are excited by technological and societal innovation.
- Feel a natural sense of urgency to get things done.
- Have a brain full of ideas.
- You are hungry to learn, develop and constantly improve your skills.
- Enjoy owning a role and having responsibility to plan strategy.
People we’ll love have:
- 2+ years experience in social media management
- 2+ years experience in online community management (forum, community platform, app-based, or web-based).
- Experience in building content strategies.
- Experience in creating engaging content.
- A history of excelling in academic and creative pursuits.
- An understanding of product innovation and improvement.
- A willingness to experiment, iterate, learn and do better next time.
- The drive to take responsibility for a target.
- A good feel for when to make a decision by themselves and when to escalate.
In return we’ll offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Pension scheme.
- A regularly stocked beer fridge, breakfast bar and fruit bowl.
- Fun and friendly working environment in an open plan office.
- Collaborative, transparent and fun loving office culture.
- The chance to work with a diverse set of customers.
- The chance to build a new category of business.