In order to deliver one-to-one maths tutoring we have a platform that allows children in the UK to connect with our tutors across the world. Your main role is to ensure the smooth running of our Matr sessions and to ensure customer and tutor queries are dealt with efficiently and to a high standard. Through this, you will help drive customer loyalty and satisfaction. You’ll provide real-time support to our customers (parents and tutors) over the phone, via email and instant chat during sessions. You’ll also be working to identify and resolve issues between sessions each week, for both parents and tutors, as well as helping them with their inbound queries. In addition there will be the opportunity to get involved with other projects, such as improving user experience, and providing feedback to other teams.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS INCLUDE:
Resolving general customer queries:
- Point of contact for any of our customers when they have a problem over the phone, email and instant chat. Deal with these effectively and efficiently to delight our customers. Aiming for first contact resolution, but passing to specialist team member when required.
Real-time support during live Matr sessions (when required):
- Liaising between our customers and our internationally based tutors throughout the day.
- Troubleshoot any technical problems that occur by speaking to the customer and helping them to understand and resolve the issue.
- Supporting customers between their sessions to improve their experience through analysis, communication and training.
- Be available for some out of hours cover also.
- Be a point of contact to parents and hired tutors for queries regarding Matr, including general questions about the product, rescheduling sessions, tech issues, complaints and feedback. NB the Matr Executive will be the first point of contact for such queries.
- Work with the Matr Executive, Retention, Product and Tutor teams to deal with any issues flagged through customer and tutor queries.
- Analyse incoming queries and identify areas where we can become more efficient, improve the process or journey.
Matr Support oversight:
- Lead on the development and implementation of Matr Support processes, striving for constant improvement, and adapting with Product changes.
- Develop and maintain content on the customer parent and hired tutor Knowledge Base, running regular analysis, with the aim of reducing the customers need to contact Support.
- Regularly report on Matr statistics and support metrics.
- Coordinate and lead on Matr Support feedback to the Product team, offering proactive, customer focused feedback and suggestions.
Coordinating with wider Customer Team:
- Ensuring all your interactions with customers are recorded and kept up to date.
- Communicating and coordinating with the wider team to ensure a seamless customer experience for everyone we work with.
- Escalating customers with significant issues to relevant colleagues.
- Using salesforce to continually improve our efficiency and customer experience.
- Reviewing sessions where tutors have reported behaviour issues and feeding back to the Safeguarding lead or customer as appropriate.
- Escalate to the safeguarding lead (Head of Customer & Support) as appropriate.
You will also be involved in ad hoc tasks and projects which come up within the team where needed, such as;
- Maintaining and dispatching necessary equipment to customers
- Supporting the team in setting-up a new customers
- Upsell and Retention calls
- Supporting on TSL
- Providing feedback to the other teams in order to improve user experience
We’re looking for someone who genuinely enjoys providing support and ensuring our customers have a delightful experience with us.
If you were to joins us, then these are our behaviours & ways of working
Our people like challenges, and ours is a big one. We need you to adopt a can-do attitude, to adapt to whatever is thrown at you, to work with urgency in pursuing our mission.
We’re motivated by delivering impact at huge scale, by realising real social change. Commit your energy to making a difference, to transforming lives around the world.
No one is born with all the answers, so ask questions and let your curiosity take you one step further.
Innovation only comes from a desire to understand, solve and be better.
Be EMPOWERED and EMPOWERING
Own your work, both the successes and failures. We have no time for blame, politics, or ego. Raise your voice and then make space for others to raise theirs, reinforcing a culture that supports and learns from mistakes.
- Interest in education
- Experience in customer service/support
- Comfortable with learning new technology
- Proactive and keen to take on responsibility
- Superb attention to detail
- Excellent communication and ability to build rapport both internally and with our customers
- Experience in education
- Experience in operations
- Proficient in Salesforce and Excel
£27,000 - £28,000 annual salary (dependent on experience)
Healthcare and pension plan
25 days holiday
Initial training and proactive ongoing support throughout the role
Work with a fun and ambitious team, passionate about building a tech start-up and having a social impact on the world
Opportunity to grow your career in one of the fastest growing EdTech businesses in London
To apply, please provide your CV and covering letter through the apply button below.