This is an exciting opportunity for someone a project manager to join an award-winning technology company to work on a range of projects. Therapy Box is a specialist development company based in London, focusing on projects related to speech, language, cognition and healthcare. The team works on groundbreaking projects with academics and clinicians in the NHS; as well as with international teams with projects with broad-reaching impact. Academically, if you are from speech therapy, biomedical, neurosceince, digital signal or similar healthcare fields this would be a great opportunity. But if you feel you have interest in this area and make up for it with experience, this would be prefectly fine too. More on us here www.therapy-box.co.uk
In this job you will be expected to:
- Initiate, lead and close projects of all sizes
- Run multiple projects concurrently
- Budget resource independently
- Attend national and international conferences and tradeshows
- Liaise with internal and external project stakeholders
- Work closely with developers, QA engineers, designers
- Have a good understanding of tech - including database, backend/frontend web, native and non-native apps
- Project managing the development of complex mobile and web apps.
- Overseeing development of web backend and CMS Updating and uploading sprints of Jira.
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven project management experience in practical situations - similar to this role
- Excellent project management experience with Prince 2 qualification or similar
- Proven record of financial management, budgeting and contractual environments;
- Experience of working in tech or healthtech
- Experience assessing stakeholder needs & developing and maintaining excellent stakeholder relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to research, draft, critique, and present reports on complex issues to a broad range of audiences.
- Ability to manage workload under pressure managing competing priorities & multiple concurrently running projects.
- Interest in innovative methodologies e.g. digital projects, citizen science, use of machine learning
- Enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand requirements and translate them into scoping document
- Topline understanding of wireframing tools like Invision, Balsamiq or Proto.io
- Exposure to at least some project tools like Jira, Trello, Basecamp etc
- Ability to put together project plans
- Effectively communicate with internal stakeholders and clients to gain sign-off
- Effectively communicate with design, development and quality assurance team members to achieve project goals
- Methodical approach
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of app distribution tools like iTunes connect, Google Console, Testflight etc
- Principles of web services and backend
- Bachelors or masters level education
- Due to the nature of research, this role requires some international travel (average of 7days at a time).
- Ability to communicate to influence
- Understanding of legislation related to GDPR
Why Choose Therapy Box?
Therapy Box is a tech company. This role offers the right person the opportunity to move into this exciting space.
We offer many perks:
20 days holiday (and bank holidays!)
Hundreds of Perkbox team benefits including free coffee, phone insurance, discounted cinema tickets and more
Regular onsite and off-site team events
A relaxed and friendly work environment
Travel within UK and overseas (Europe, America and different areas of the UK are visited often by some of the team)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary commensurate to experience