L E X S T E P .COM | Where Employers Hire Lawyers
Based in London, we were founded by ‘magic circle’ lawyers that left practice to deliver a first-class recruitment experience through advanced technological solutions.
Our mission is to turn a traditionally opaque, inefficient and time-consuming process on its head and deliver a simple, fast and valuable human-centric recruitment experience.
We are transforming traditional legal recruitment by pairing a ferociously talented team with innovative technology to empower an elite network of the world’s best lawyers and legal employers with the ability to confidentially connect via an online platform.
We are making the recruitment process less of a massive pain for both sides, introducing radical efficiency by leveraging data and technology to intelligently match outstanding opportunity seekers to lateral career opportunities.
We’ve been featured in the top industry publications, won innovation awards, participated in prestigious accelerators and are seeing interviews worth £millions in salary offers facilitated through the platform each month.
We work out of a brand new tech hub in Camden, London, together with other creative and high-growth tech startups like Divido and Doctify.
It’s an extremely exciting time to join the company. We are expanding our operations, looking to grow our team, and have an impressive feature roadmap ahead. As a relatively young company there is huge scope to grow and gain unprecedented exposure to different areas of the business.
TALENT SCOUT & SUCCESS ANALYST
About the role
The purpose of our graduate internship is to identify and develop talented individuals to become the future leaders of the business.
We will give you the support, training and opportunity to grow. You will work closely with former practicing lawyers and experienced talent consultants, learning first-hand how to successfully scout top-tier legal talent.
At the end of your six-month internship with us, you will have the opportunity to secure a permanent position as a talent scout or talent success manager – we will work with you to decide which position best suits your personality and skills.
On a daily basis, you’ll:
- Scout the market for outstanding legal talent through tools and existing networks such LinkedIn, engage in direct outreach, networking and other user-acquisition techniques, to actively promote LexStep and grow the LexStep membership;
- Develop employer-specific talent pools through scouting and (re-)engaging with new and existing LexStep members;
- Analyse user behaviour and drive (re-)engagement of existing members to ensure they maximise their chances of success on LexStep;
- Develop a deep understanding of top-tier legal practice, the difference between particular employers, their practice areas, sector specialisms and culture while undertaking research and data-analysis on behalf of employer and talent consultants to support active recruitment projects
- Enjoy an active lifestyle, the adrenaline rush of facilitating successful matches, and the excitement of providing value to people on an individual and daily basis.
As an ideal team member:
- You will have a Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- You will have a passion for the law, technology and people
- You will have high EQ and ability to adapt
- You will love implementing processes and building products
- You will enjoy a high-achieving professional, but relaxed working environment
- You are a natural leader, outgoing and extremely pro-active requiring minimal supervision, and a strong team player
- You are smart, trustworthy, outgoing, friendly, and love having a laugh
- You are organised and comfortable building things from scratch
- You are detail, solution, strategic and process-oriented
- You have a legal background/strong interest in legal practice
We are based out of one of London’s best-designed co-working spaces by the lively streets of Camden Market. It’s a masterpiece by Tom Dixon, OBE, one of the country’s leading designers: the buzz and energy the area is famous for is captured and distilled into a refined place to focus and spend your work day featuring:
- An on-site restaurant and bar for everything from pastries and coffee and afternoon snacks to after work Happy Hour cocktails
- Sleek Tom Dixon design throughout, perfect for impressing even the most discerning of guests
- Roof terraces with awe-inspiring views of Camden Lock
- Floor-to-ceiling windows
- State-of-the-art technology, including AV and conference facilities and secure and speedy Wi-Fi in meeting rooms and breakout spaces
- Kitchen areas with complimentary tea, coffee, fruit and snacks
- Discounts at local retailers, food and market stalls in Camden Market and surrounding areas
- Free bi-weekly bagels & breakfast
- Free weekly Yoga, Pilates and Spinning classes, discounted gym membership and other ad-hoc benefits
If you’re looking for a challenge and keen on being part of a very fun and rapidly growing start-up, get in touch to let us know why you should be part of our team.
If we agree; you’re hired!