Purpose of the Role:
This is an exciting hire for an ambitious and hard-working candidate to manage the operational delivery of the company and to lead on the employer relationships we value. This role will manage the team, with emphasis on coaching them to continually improve; impacting the quality of our overall service; with specific individual deliverables, initially, with employer partnerships.
While this is a number-two hire in the business, managing the whole team. The role will itself, initially day to day, will be focused on employer partnerships, understanding our clients and ensuring we meet monthly KPI’s, with proactive engagements to provide consultative solutions as they develop and improve their early years recruitment strategies.
You'll be working closely and sharing accounts with an account manager, training them up and delivering exceptional client account management together. Also working closely with our Comms and Insights officer, to ensure everything we do is backed up with data and evidence.
This role manages and must work closely with the schools team to ultilise our network and programme to effectively help students understand about our employer brands. As a company, we are passionate about making a difference and speaking about diversity and inclusion runs through our Programme.
As you become successful in your role and develop a clear structure along with the abilities of your team, the role will grow with you. Taking on more overall responsibility around strategic direction and helping shape the right products and services that will see the most social impact and legacy that you should want to see from your work at Pathway.
- Managing and growing a young and socially minded team.
- Driving a KPI culture for how we work with paying customers and internal goal setting and personal development.
- Product development – supporting the CEO in what ideas we take forward and scale.
- Ownership of the Pathway employer relationships, managing a dedicated account manager and Comms and Insights Officers who will support you in this, directly in your team.
- Work with the CEO and your account manager to understand our partners, share the workload and innovate and lead on a best in class account management consultancy service.
- Grow our current relationships, including different models of revenue with direct businesses and third party and association models.
- Understanding that your role is to develop every one of your team and to grow the team as our business requires.
- When you grow into the role, and understand our business, you will take more of a hold on school relationships and direction – this could be straight away, depending on your experience and background. The critical start to this role is team and employer management.
- Weekly 1-1’s with the CEO.
- Experience in managing and developing people, with a real passion for continuing your learning through experience.
- Account management experience and creating strong relationships. We need you to bring with you new ideas and ways of working.
- Positive attitude, drive and creativity – this role will be varied and challenging.
- Process driven and starter-finisher.
- A passion for changing the way young people are served in today’s economy, and indeed, how they are acting towards the changing labour market.
- A good understanding about the Early Years Recruitment scene, with experience in it if possible.
- Education background or experience of working with young people.
- Strategic and a people-manager
- Strong written communication and copywriting skills
- Good at dealing with people and challenges
- Being able to work well in a close-nit team, and willing to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good problem-solving skills with a real creative spark for innovative ideas.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and to organise and plan work effectively
- This role will be, at the time of hire, number #2 to the CEO, and if the chosen candidate can develop their team and be successful, it will lead to a great managerial responsibility and one of the key senior leaders in Pathway’s growth.
- Board meeting attendance (after probation period).
- A competitive salary as a key hire, with share opportunities for your impact and commitment as (hopefully) a part-business owner
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) with your birthday off as a bonus!
- Free Gym membership as our commitment to a healthy work-life balance.
- Offices are shared with other Social Impact companies, with likeminded people and opportunity for learning about other sectors.
- Monthly social activities.
- Laptop and iPhone plus contribution pension scheme.
- One Duvet Day each year!
We are a disruptive social enterprise that is successfully tackling employability skills for young people (focusing on 16-18). We work with multinational brands who care about young people too and we guide school-leavers who recognise an opportunity when they see one into progressive and exciting apprenticeship programmes. Personalised. Hands-on. Rewarding!!
Pathway's founder, Chris, is passionate about helping those who need it most. Those from poorer backgrounds and less table families and perhaps those who cannot justify £50,000 on a generic University degree (including accommodation and living on a 3-year course).
This is why Pathway was set up and the small, (but growing), team is made up of different areas of expertise with the absolute pre-requisite to working at Pathway - passion to make a difference to young people's lives.
Please send us your CV and cover letter addressed to Chris.
Ideal start date: ASAP (but willing to wait for right candidate).